Using animations to make head look up and down?

I was wondering if it was possible to have a paused 1 second long animation playing on the character’s head,
with keyframe 0 looking down and last keyframe looking up.
Then have a :getpropertychangedsignal listen for the camera’s X axis changing wether it’s either looking up or down.
Then the changed signal will adjust the animation and go to a specific keyframe that aligns with the camera’s X axis.

(I can clarify if confused)

I’m not really sure how to achieve this, but I believe I’ve once heard people talk about this topic before and was wondering if anyone knew of posts related to this or has code that already achieves this.

I know there is many “align head with camera” scripts, but most of them use loops or constant firing of remote events to replicate it, I would like to avoid that.

You don’t need to use animations for this. See this topic:

As for not wanting to use a loop, I’m not really sure why you wouldn’t want to use a loop. They do not really cause too much strain to use for simple stuff like this. But if you really wanted it to, you can tie a function to the mouse moving.

That doesn’t seem to replicate though

Second response*
I know it isn’t too big of a deal with the loops, but if there are better alternatives I might aswell learn them now. As far as I’m aware, what I’m asking for has no server script thanks to animations replication.

The article provided by Hailey showcases numerous alterations to my original work, which adds replication functionality. It’s awesome to see the ongoing use cases and expansion of my code! :smile:

1 Like

I found out a way of doing what I described but also found out animation replication isn’t exactly as smooth as I expected so I guess for now your code will work :smile:

C2vavK-WIAMKwHf

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.