Using API to get a bots' cookie [THROUGH LOGIN API?]

So I’m using an api endpoint, but it needs a Roblox Cookie for it to work.

This wouldn’t be an issue normally, but because of the region lock on cookies, the cookie resets every time the api gets called from a game server.

Would I be able to log into an account using the login api on an alternative account to get the roblox cookie?

If so, what information do I have to use for the api?
And if this isn’t even possible, how would I work around the Roblox Cookie resetting?

I’m pretty sure Roblox doesn’t like automated logins, that’s why captchas exist(to stop bots, that try to login or create an account automatically). However the behaviour you’re looking for might be possible through the Open Cloud API System. That’s Roblox’s recommended way of accessing it’s resources automatically(if I’m not mistaken).

The following links might provide you with some help:
Open Cloud API Reference
OAuth 2.0 Overview

For creating an API key/OAuth 2.0 app: Open Cloud

In general every time you encounter a captcha for a Roblox action you should consider it as Roblox telling you “please don’t automate that”.

Oh, okay! Thank you!

I’ve attempted to use api keys instead of a roblox cookie, but I’ve had no luck.
Don’t you need a third party website or something for an OAuth App?

I assume you need to host it somewhere. Although I haven’t messed with it so I’m not entirely sure if they provide some sort of hosting themselves. By hosting I mean have a machine running the code, that is often a machine dedicated to that aka a server.

Last time I checked you could get some sort of free hosting through using Github actions. Although that does not support 24/7 uptime but rather running the code on a fixed schedule/interval. If you’re interested in that a simple “github actions free hosting” query on Google should find you the related information.

1 Like

I have just learnt that Roblox actually has a setting which allows you to turn cookie locking off
Creator Hub → Dashboard → Settings, → Advanced

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.