Using constraints for physics

I am new to learning physics. So before I was going to start, a question came up. “Should I learn constraints then actual physics?” Because so far as I know, most people use constraints for their physics. So I would like to know, do I need to know constraints for physics. For example, let’s say I wanted to create a tank. Can I do that solely on constraints or do I have to use physics. Or do I have to use both. I might have the wrong idea here i just wanted to get the confusion out of my head.

By physics I believe you mean body movers.

The answer is why not learn both?

Here’s my unicycle which uses hinge constraints for wheels and align orientation to stay upright from the ground.

You will sooner or later learn the advantages and disadvantages of using both of them like the difficulty\tediousness of setting up constraints if you don’t like building for example.

Edit: for the tank example:

For a tank I tried using a ball socket constraint to allow it to rotate in a set position and align orientation to add the force but it ended up colliding with the base and moving the entire body.

Maybe I should have used a Hinge constraint and the servo motor option -constraints only approach to avoid the issue.