How would I make a unicycle?

I’m trying to make a unicycle connected to a characters body, but I’m unsure how. I’m quite new to programming, but here’s what I have so far.

Pictures

I’m not asking for the entire code to be written for me, just rather a point in the right direction please. Thank you, have a good day.

Hmm, well there are a lot of ways to do it so before I give any methods/directions what do you intend the character to do?

Do you want to move the character like a car and have the player control it?

Is it an NPC character for a horror game?

1 Like

It’s going to be the character, and move around similar to a car.

You should get that white jeep type vehicle from the front page of the toolbox, and try to reprogram it to your unicycle.

1 Like

Hmm, if you want to make it a car you might want to connect the wheel onto the character using constraints if you looking for a physics-based approach solution.

In fact, I made a similar one-wheeled vehicle using constraints and the AlignOrientation constraint attached to an anchored block being moved by CFrames to make the vehicle upright.

External Media

The script uses the carkit script which I learned from which is not very good since it’s a while true do loop (similar to the jeep in the toolbox) but it works.

I’ll uncopylock it since it’s just a funny thing I did to learned CFrames especially for making the anchored block orient to the floor. You can access it here below lol.

Edit: BTW, if you want a character to do it make sure to set the state to physics enabled at all times to prevent the humanoid within the character from exerting force which would ruin the constraint mechanism.

4 Likes