Using cryptocurrency names in-game

Hey everyone!
I can’t find the answer to my question anywhere. If i want to use names of cryptocurrencies such as Dogecoin, Ethereum, Litecoin etc. in my game, is that against the Roblox TOS and could my game get deleted?

Possible but I don’t think so. There are so many popular games about cryptocurrencies with real names and they are not banned. For sure you can change the name a litt bit or fully change the name :slight_smile:

1 Like

Generally I’d try to make mock-names for them that could reassemble the real coins before putting the actual coin names in the game. If you really need to put their names in, you’ll probably have to make sure to let people know that your game doesn’t give actual crypto for playing.

6 Likes

Those names are not trademarked, so your game will most likely not get deleted.

1 Like

Probably not against ToS considering the Roblox YouTube Channel is featuring videos of content creators playing a game called “Bitcoin Miner”.

However, it’d probably be better to create your own name for those kinds of currencies as to provide a better distinction between real cryptocurrency mining and simulated ones in a Roblox game.

2 Likes