Using Humanoid:AddAccessory() with Layered Clothing doesn't work

Reproduction Steps
I have inserted a piece of layered clothing into my game (via a plugin, not in playtest mode) and I am calling Humanoid:AddAccessory to apply it to a character I have placed in Workspace. This was noted as a recommended way to apply Layered Clothing on this post: 3D Layered Clothing is Now Available!. The dummy I am using was inserted via the Roblox plugin (however it also doesn’t work on my character during a playtest).

Asset I am inserting: Zip Hoodie - Black - Roblox

I have included the plugin file in the Private Message section.

Expected Behavior
For the clothing to be correctly applied properly.

Actual Behavior
The clothing is not applied correctly at all.
unknown

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

could you give me your scene with the character model you’re using and the layered clothing accessory you’re trying to equip, and the Lua code for how you’re equipping it? (you are mentioning both Humanoid:ApplyDescription() and Humanoid:AddAccessory() so I would like to see exactly what you’re doing). Also, do you have StarterPlayer.LoadCharacterLayeredClothing enabled, and Workspace.MeshPartHeadsAndAccessories enabled?

1 Like

Sorry, I am using :AddAccessory(), I have corrected my post. I provided a file of my plugin by using the private message option (it contains the code and the model I am using). I can send a place file if necessary though.

I will make sure both of those options are enabled when I send over the file.

1 Like

also, check FileBeta Features3D Layered Clothing is on

2 Likes

with everything enabled, your mannequinMaker works as expected for me

2 Likes

Ah, I wasn’t aware layered clothing was still a beta feature.

Just following up!

Have our Roblox Staff’s advices been helpful in solving your issue?
If yes ⇒ can you mark as solution?
If not ⇒ let me know!

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.