Using keyboard or mouse input in Studio mobile emulator breaks mouse input in Studio

Reproduction Steps

1) Open any place in Studio. (It can be a brand new place, a place in a published experience, or a local file) 2) Click the device emulator button and select a touch device (tablet or phone), any of the preset tablets and phones will work as well as any custom devices added (as long as the device type is set to tablet or phone) 3) Click "Play" or press F5 to run the experience 4) Try clicking on any of the topbar buttons (Chat, more menu, or Roblox menu), they should all function as intended 5) Try using the move controls (thumbstick, jump button, clicking and dragging to move character, etc.) 6) Now right click anywhere in the viewport 7) Repeat steps 5 and 6 again 8) now exit Test mode by clicking "Stop" or pressing shift + F5 9) Left click anywhere in the viewport 10) Close the device emulator 11) Try scrolling or right clicking, the drag to select box should start following your mouse cursor as if you were left clicking and dragging

Computer information

Model: Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch (2018 model) A1989/MacBookPro15,2
CPU: Intel Core i5-8269U 2.3 GHz quad core, 8 threads
GPU: Intel Iris Plus 655, 1.5GB VRAM (integrated)
Memory: 8GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
Storage: Internal Apple SSD 256GB
Operating System: macOS Monterey 12.3.1 (Build: 21E258)
Roblox Studio version: 0.532.0.5320475 (latest version at the time of writing this bug report)

Expected Behavior

When I right click while the mobile emulator is running, I expect that the input gets ignored and the emulator still continues to function as normal (only responding to left clicks and treating them as touch input). And I expect that my mouse continues to work correctly in edit mode after exiting out of test mode.

Actual Behavior

Some of this behavior is hard to describe

After performing Step 6

• The dynamic thumbstick will disappear, and the classic thumbstick will be completely unresponsive to any input
  • clicking and dragging will not zoom the camera
  • left clicking any UI button will not trigger any MouseButton1Down, MouseButton1Up, MouseButton1Click , or Activated events.
  • Pressing the jump button will cause the character to indefinitely jump continuously.
  • Sometimes scrolling will zoom the camera and using WASD will move the player around.

After performing steps 8-11

• Right clicking or scrolling will cause the select box to appear (which normally only appears if you left click and drag in the viewport)
  • Some other parts of the input are broken

I also have a video where I followed the reproduction steps: Roblox Studio Input Bug Video 1 - YouTube

Workaround

Most of the time, left clicking in the viewport a few times in edit mode with the mobile emulator hidden will fix the input in Studio. Exiting and re-entering test mode with the mobile emulator will fix the issue.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other (Input issue)
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date Last Experienced: 2022-06-26 16:06:00 (-04:00)

1 Like

Hi @ElijahAppleUser, thanks for the bug report!

Can you please confirm whether this occurs for all emulation devices, or just iPhone X and iPhone XR?

I can only reproduce this bug for only those 2 emulation devices, but not iPhone 7 for example.

1 Like

I just tried to reproduce it again and I can only get it to work on the iPhone XR. Custom devices and iPad 6th generation used to be affected but don’t seem to be affected anymore.

Hi @ElijahAppleUser this issue should be fixed now. Right-clicking in the Studio Device Emulator on Mac will no longer break user input.

Please let me know if the issue is fixed for you or if you run into any other bugs!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.