Using more than 1 ScreenGui?

I know this is probably a dumb question, but I remember reading a post about how you shouldn’t have too many ScreenGui objects in your PlayerGui, and should group all of your UIs into 1 ScreenGui object, as that will affect performance if you do not.

Is this true, and should I implement this into future projects?

1 Like

Personally I do not see any problem with having too many ScreenGuis and I think it is better to use multiple ScreenGuis to hide all objects on a certain screengui
as example you can hide the main menu items with a single line and show the main game ScreenGui

1 Like

I don’t know where that came from so I don’t know, but from my experience it shouldn’t be a problem, just probably keep it to like 3 max

1 Like

I believe I found your post lol

2 Likes

@Jackscarlett 's answer says that using multiple ScreenGui’s improves performance. It is also a nice opportunity to separate functionality. For example, an inventory system should have its own ScreenGui and should not be located in a Frame of ScreenGui that represents all your GUIs.

Yes it affects performance in a positive way, so you should implement this into projects in the future.

4 Likes