Using Print Screen key to take screenshots "locks" the clipboard

Hi.
When in-game, hitting the print screen key to take screenshots will hard-lock my clipboard, meaning that I cannot paste anything that I cut/copy after taking the screenshot. I’m thinking the image gets stuck on my clipboard due to the built in system binding to have PrintScr put an image of all displays onto the clipboard. I’ve been able to reproduce this 100% of the time.

I feel that in order to explain this best, I need to say the workflow:

1. In any roblox player window, press Print Screen to take a screenshot
  2. Open a text editor, type anything and try to cut or copy it. This should behave normally in that cut will remove the text.
  3. Attempt to paste it. It will not paste, and the paste option in the right click menu is grayed out.

The only way to fix this is to relaunch the roblox client.

6 Likes

I think the same thing happened to me earlier today. I wasn’t sure what it was but yeah, after a couple minutes I could paste things again

Decided to bump this rather than make a new thread. This still happens. I’ve found it easier to relaunch the roblox client to fix this.

This bug is still occuring, and complaints within my group about the clipboard not working are a regular occurrence - we also take quite a few screenshots, and I’m still able to reproduce this bug.

1 Like

Same thing has been happening for me for a longg time, I have resorted to using a .bat file to reset my clipboard every time I accidentally lock my clipboard with this. - If you want the source to the file, please pm me on here.

I remember that if you accidentally paste an image into roblox it can lock your clipboard.

2 Likes

This looks like an old subject, but the bug wasn’t fixed.

I am using two applications for my clipboard history and when we have the bug, it is possible correctly to copy and cut text, but not to paste.

I found another way to remove the bug without leaving the game :

1. In the chat, write anything in the TextBox.
  2. Copy the content of the box.
    You can now paste the content, and your clipboard work normally.

And to be bugued, just paste the screenshot in any TextBox.

On Windows, where this bug seems to occur, it can easily be fixed by typing

cmd /c "echo off | clip" in the Run Bar.

This bug still needs to be fixed though.

2 Likes