Using Region3 For Traffic Detection

I am developing a very comprehensive traffic system for the community for those in the genre of Town/City roleplay games.

Long Term: Open-source system

Current Goals:

• Use Region3 as a video zone and resize the region based on a selection box’s representative size.
  • Assign ID number to vehicles for controller call-for-service referencing
  • Rendering video zones from video detector (Viewport Frame/Player CurrentCamera?)
    • Selective rendering based on player viewing
    • If not viewed labels and selection boxes shall be invisible, but remain functional

So, what's going on here?

This configuration shown (a snippet) is for a fully-actuated intersection where the cameras on the traffic lights (a video detector, shown below) uses virtual boxes (video zones) to determine whether traffic is present or not, plus volume/demand.

A Video Detector:

Realistically, this camera uses differences in pixel color to pick up on changes in the targeted areas.

Now, regarding the video zones, I am worried about my lack of originality in the naming department:
zone%20lol
I was thinking I could target each one through the traditional game.Workspace route, but I want to use Region3 in a way that doesn’t treat advance detection and stop line detection video zones differently (where applicable, such as the diagram) I would like to group upstream and downstream zones that are the same in functionality (not a model, but by way of reducing needless region checking for zones). I would also like to assign an ID number of a variable amount of digits to each and every vehicle detected, so the controller can reference that ID when accounting for timing for traffic demand, instead of a vehicle seat.

To expand on ‘needless region checking’:

The ultimate result is to have one zone detect one ID each and use that throughout the phase, until the phase is green and the controller clears its calls for service.

3 Likes