UV Map Appears Low Quality

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I would like to have the UV map look the same quality across all devices.

2. What is the issue?
    The UV map appears in lower quality on my computer vs my friends computer

My Computer :

His Computer :

1. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I have tried matching the exact same render settings as him (Both studio settings and graphics quality).
    I have tried looking around on the dev forum for similar issues.

I understand that Roblox lowers the quality of images uploaded and that they may appear pixelated, however it should look the same on everyone’s end. There should not be the obvious distortion that you see on my computer.

Any help is appreciated!

1 Like

Basic question:
Is your computer’s graphics card and monitor the same quality as your friend’s computer?

Is there any difference if you try it on the website? Make sure both of you have your graphics setting manually set to 10, not Automatic.

update graphics driver ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

I have already done that. I am also running a 4080 and a i9 14900k with a 1080p monitor. This has to be some sort of minute setting because the same thing also happens in the Roblox player.

Didnt work.

And no, the monitor size does not matter either.

how’s your ram and vram consumption?
edit: is your GPU for Roblox (studio,client,launcher) set to your DGPU instead of IGPU (if you have one)
edit edit: clear cache, clean reinstall, or run as admin

How do I know what it is set to for this?
edit: roblox is already using my 4080

But is your computer set properly to run the resolution of the monitor you have?

Try playing a non-Roblox game with your friend to compare the way the graphics are displayed. If it still happens then it’s an issue with your computer, not Roblox.

Its nothing with my computer, all other games work perfectly fine. Not only that but other people see it the same way I do when their computers are just as good if not better as my friends. This doesn’t make any sense to me.

Did a quick search. This post is mainly about textures, but decals were mentioned in a few places as well.
Blurry / compressed materials on the desktop web-launched client despite adequate hardware availability

1 Like