[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

Hello good Roblox devs. Sorry for my level of English.
I have a problem with this cool TopbarPlus module; The thing is that I’m designing a background that fits the two states of the bar (show and hidden), but it turns out that on my computers it works fine, but not on other people’s screens.

Barra1
Barra2
This first case is my screen, (both my computers and my cell phone).

Barra3
Barra4
And this case on one of my teammates’ screens.

I want to think that it is a bug, but it is strange that only in my case it causes that margin between the Chat Button and the TopBar Container.

I have checked this thread and have not seen anyone with the same problem.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Is there a command to access the Frame GUIObject? like Icon:GetGUIObject() would return the Frame Instance or something? That would be splendid

There has been an issue occurring and I don’t exactly know why. This is what happens, tho I’m not even in controller mode (It shows it’s in that mode on the screen)

If anyone could help, that would be appreciated. I can make a place to show the error if needed. - I fixed this, apparently something changed in the module but I don’t remember changing anything.

Any way to make it use ContentText instead of absolute size maybe?
Can’t seem to do rich text without it being like this.

4 Likes

@ForeverHD There seems to be a bug where when you have a script inside of a GUI in startergui it only works in the studio and sometimes works ingame. Is this known or something? It is very annoying and I cant figure out how to fix it.

May I see the script?

Also, I believe all of the Topbarplus scripts should be local scripts specifically in StarterPlayerScripts.

I am unable to share the code because it’s too big to be pasted here.

Does it have to be in StarterPlayerScripts for it to work ingame? Because It only works in studio when I have it on startergui

as far as I can know, you have to put topbarplus scripts in places where scripts persist, which startergui is definitely not one of them

1 Like

@ForeverHD, Roblox did another silent update :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yes, it does need to be in StarterPlayerScripts.

What’s that?

I have not encountered that specific feature yet.

1 Like

It’s the video recording icon, they have updated it

2 Likes

Looks alot better, lets hope they increase the video quality while their at it.

This is absolutely unacceptable

What the heck is this?

I have a 2560x1440p monitor at 144hz running at 144 and that resolution is extremely low for 2022/2023 NOT to mention its in wmv as well literally had to convert it to mp4 so people don’t have to download it :face_vomiting:

How are you suppose to identify a roblox native video if you can’t even identify anything in the video to begin with?1

Voila :man_dancing:

4 Likes

finally!! thank you!

3 Likes

I have been having this issue where any form of changing the zindex/basezindex results in the same following error:

Please can you fix this?
Current form of changing zindex:

My current workaround is changing object.ZIndex = ...
to
if object:IsA("GuiObject") then object.ZIndex = ... end

The setLeftOffset() function offers different results depending on the device. Mobile and studio both show it closer to the left. While PC shows it further to the right. However, on higher resolution mobile device (iPhone 12 Max), it appears the same as on PC. On iPhone 6, it matches the studio behavior.

Showing behavior with “Home” button.

IconController.setLeftOffset(145)

PC:
Studio / Low-end mobile:

The Frame that it’s overlapping is 310px X offset with 0 scale.

Thanks for the bug report! I’ll look at having this fixed by today :+1:

@Humza I’ll also look into this, thanks for sharing

3 Likes

@ForeverHD Please can you look into this as well, thanks!