[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

Is it possible to add autocomplete support to TopbarPlus (if it hasn’t been added already)?

It’s one of the main inconveniences of using TopbarPlus. Autocomplete would be very beneficial :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s because of reference / require leadPackage code

From what I understand, the reason there was no autocomplete for TopbarPlus v2.9.1 and under is because there was a cyclic module dependency. It’s possible that TopbarPlus v3 could be written different.

What’s the replacement method of Icon:getToggleState() ?

Hi. I was testing v3 on mobile in my game and found that the topbar buttons were completely unresponsive. I made sure to use the latest version of the module from playground but it still did not work. I fixed this issue myself by setting clickRegion.Active to true in the Icon module. Please review this and thank you for this resource.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also had to connect handleToggle to clickRegion.TouchTap for the buttons to work.

1 Like

you can do:

icon:select()

added to future ideas/to-do, thanks for the suggestion:

3 Likes

Hi thanks for the report, I’ll look at configuring these in. What mobile device (brand and type) did this happen on, and did it happen 100% of the time on that device?

icon.activeState (which includes the ‘Viewing’ state) or icon.isSelected (if you want to just tell if selected/deselected)

1 Like

Many thanks :slightly_smiling_face: I figured it out shortly after sending the message but I appreciate the help.

Hello, im sorry if this is a dumb question, how can i move the topbar button position to the right corner?

for v3, :setAlignment(“Right”) :align(“Right”), for v2 :setRight()

1 Like

Isn’t version 2.9.1 the latest? If not can you link me the repo of it cus i can’t find it

Edit: Nevermind it doesnt exist for now.

That worked thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. I used an iPad Air (5th Gen) and a Motorola G Stylus 2022 when testing. The buttons failed to work 100% of the time before I decided to fork the Icon script.

1 Like

I’ve just deployed an update to patch this, thanks for the details.

Can you confirm it’s working?

1 Like

I was able to reproduced the same issue as well, and after testing it again, it appears to be fixed. Thanks :slight_smile:

Another thing though:

I am constantly getting this error in the output, regardless of whether I’m utilizing themes or not. Currently, I am not modifying the themes so its possibly a problem inside the module itself.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll reach out to you to hunt it down

edit: fixed

1 Like

Is TopbarPlus V3 always gonna be inside a game or eventually it will be available as a separate model available in the Marketplace when it comes out of beta?

Yes.

Once v3 comes out of beta, it will be released as a package in the Marketplace.

2 Likes

Greetings, I Have a problem, The icons are appearing at the studio, But, Even when I publish and Update the game, It is not showing or working.

local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
Player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local PetGui = Player.PlayerGui["Noob status."] 
local TopBar = require(game.ReplicatedStorage["Modules."].Icon)
local IconController = require(game.ReplicatedStorage["Modules."].Icon.IconController)
--require(game.ReplicatedStorage["Modules."].Icon.IconController).voiceChatEnabled = true

local PetIcon = TopBar.new()
	:setImage("rbxassetid://16031986579")
	:bindEvent("selected", function()
		PetGui.Enabled = true
	end)
	:bindEvent("deselected", function()
		PetGui.Enabled = false
	end)

Also, The old icons are still working in my game.

1 Like