[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

Will there be a method to IconController.setTopbarEnabled again?

If so, what is the recommended solution to toggle it?

Your icon code looks fine

Change:

Player.CharacterAdded:Wait()

to:

local Character = Player.Character or Player.CharacterAdded:Wait()

Will add to v3 today :+1:

It will look something like Icon.setTopbarEnabled(bool)

1 Like

Gamepad/controller support now displays a keycode prompt on the left-most or last-highlighted icon:

This prompt becomes a B back indicator when browsing icons then the initial prompt disappears entirely once unhighlighted:

1 Like

You could make the console navigation highlight more consistent with other core gui by using the CoreGui selection outline circle. If you’re looking for how to reimplement it the code is in the GradientSelection CoreScript.

@robloxjw02
@deathcharge415

This behaviour is now fixed

Nice idea, will work on one shortly

1 Like

Just wanted to quickly ask when the new version for topbar will be released or if it already is. I’ve been using TopBar after finding it out and it would be nice being able to use it again. If it’s still not released and currently being worked on, I understand. Patience is key afterall

1 Like

You’re welcome to use v3 (just grab a copy under replicated storage in the v3 playground), it’s in a stable state and pretty much ready to release.

Most my time currently is testing for quirks and making sure every device type and user is accounted for. I’ll be making some tiny tweaks to overflows tomorrow, then once that’s done it’s completing the documentation and releasing publicly.

2 Likes

That looks really good! One note, if you haven’t yet you should try making the selection outlines themeable as that’s one of the main things people look at when using this module.

1 Like
:modifyTheme({
		{"Selection", "RotationSpeed", 4},
		{"SelectionGradient", "Color", ColorSequence.new({
			ColorSequenceKeypoint.new(0, Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 255)),
			ColorSequenceKeypoint.new(1, Color3.fromRGB(255, 0, 0)),
		})},
	})

7 Likes

I Am thankful, That has worked.

is the V3 officially released together with the docs

Pre-released, stable and effectively ready to release, you’d be fine using it in your own projects! The docs are’t out yet, I’ll release them when I officially announce v3 (soon :tm:)

3 Likes

This is good to hear - going to start using it now, so would reallyyy appreciate if you could post here each time you make changes to fix bugs or add in new features so we can update the relevant code on our end. Thanks Ben :smile:

Hi Ben! I’ve inserted the “stable” module, however I don’t think it is quite ready yet. :sweat_smile:

Heres how the icon looks in our version 2: (edited)

Now, heres a look at what it looks like in version 3:

Unsure what happened here, however the bottom half of the image is missing and I can’t find the root cause.

In v3, getIcon() seems to be requiring a UID, why not the icon name itself anymore? We use getIcon() to disable or enable icons from other scripts.

For sure! All changes are posted here and at GitHub (under releases). v3 will have its own mega change log describing everything new and removed.

Hi can you share the icon code or even better dm a repo place file.

Will provide support for .getIcon(nameOrUID) tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback

5 Likes

ButtonManager_.rbxm (62.1 KB)
I can’t share a repo due to it being built into a system, however, I can show this line in the client script. buttonManager is the icon module but we’ve renamed it to that.

buttonManager.new():setImage(15674410240):autoDeselect(false):setAlignment("Right")

p.s. nice random commented prints, they are pretty funny

1 Like

I’m unsure why this error happens, I don’t think it breaks anything but it is super annoying.

ReplicatedStorage.Icon.Features.Gamepad:85: attempt to index nil with 'setIndicator'
1 Like