[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

I was testing it in studio so maybe thats the issue, i will try it in roblox itself

It still just counts up, and no i haven’t edited the localscript and it is in the StarterPlayerScripts

I’m not sure this is from TopbarPlus. I recommend moving over to v3 through (official release coming super soon, for now you can grab from v3 playground) as v2 is no longer supported.

:give has been split into two new methods:

:call(func) -- this is the one you want, it calls the given function right away
:addToJanitor(objectOrFunction) -- this will destroy the object or call the function when the icon is destroyed

For your example you can just change :give to :call, however this still won’t work because as @ValiantWind mentioned v3 does not currently support convertLabelToNumberSpinner

1 Like

Does V3 Supports :setSize(), :setXSize() and setYSize()?

i think its :modifyTheme

Seems to be a weird bug with the placement of the example script.

When it’s not in replicatedstorage, it makes duplicates functioning the same exact way.

1 Like

This confused me too initially:

Apparently you can’t place Scripts with RunContext set to Client within StarterPlayerScripts otherwise the script will execute twice.

I may explore adding some warnings to the top of the example script, or maybe changing the example all together.

2 Likes

That’s very strange lol, but alrighty

1 Like

Is there a way to set the image to the right side of the icon with a label?

I believe I found some bugs:

A centered (:setMid()) icon doesn’t appear, and it results in an overflow right. I believe the overflow is fine, but the icon doesn’t show when its in the middle.

The padding on this overflow menu is a bit off.

Also, SUBMISSIVE_ALIGNMENT is never used. I’d like to set the overflow to the left and/or disable overflow entirely.

Good spot thanks, looking into now :+1:

1 Like

Yes there’s no official method but you can achieve this by doing:

:modifyTheme({
		{"IconImage", "LayoutOrder", 4},
		{"IconLabelContainer", "LayoutOrder", 2},
	})
1 Like

Sweet, thanks. Also just to be sure, if I modified anything within a module or even added a theme, would it be overridden if a new package version is published?

Captura de tela 2024-03-14 152001
how do i fix this because of the new GUI

I believe you need V3 of TopbarPlus

Is there a way I can “insert” a UI into the TopBar? I have a ranking UI that was slim with the old Roblox Topbar, but now it looks funny since they changed it.

1 Like

I would also like to know, as I had a project in mind for a top bar with the song name and the progress bar at the bottom

Sorry if this has already been asked, but say I already have a custom topbar icon created, does TopbarPlus work with it, or no?

Small issue…

The UI is off of the screen on the left side at first until hovering over the buttons like 50 times.