[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

Thats weird because I just ran my game with topbar plus installed and nothing is being printed?

So, I decided to make my own credit print because I can’t seem to locate the one alleged in the module.

File

Credits.rbxm (1.1 KB)

Code

print([[

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•— β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•— β–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•—
β–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β•β•β•β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β•β•β•β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘β•šβ•β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β•β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β•β•β•β•
β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘     β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•—  β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘  β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘   β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘   β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•—
β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘     β–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β•β•  β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘  β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘   β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘   β•šβ•β•β•β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘
β•šβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘  β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•—β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•”β•β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘   β–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘   β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘
 β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•šβ•β•  β•šβ•β•β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β• β•šβ•β•   β•šβ•β•   β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•
----------------------------------------------
TopbarPlus

Source: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/v3/1017485
License: Mozilla Public License v2.0 (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/MPL/2.0/)
----------------------------------------------
]])

Whenever I create an icon and the player get’s reset, the icon duplicates. Is there a way around this?

its not printing on studio. Thats why.

Yoo v3 is out. Thanks so much for making this.

1 Like

When creating icons from separate scripts, a new β€œcontainer” ui is created for each new icon, am i doing something wrong or is this an oversight/intended functionality?

real bro
gta 6 after tbp v3, so reall

that makes a lot more sense thanks

Is there a way to get the β€˜usertoggled’ event or is that deprecated

This should solve your issue, its how your intended to do the topbar

1 Like

You can use the selected, and deselected events. I don’t know about user-toggled if it doesn’t work then it might be deprecated.

Ok. My situation is a very specific one and needs to know whether or not the icon was selected with/without the user’s input. Thanks though

what do you mean by that, thats pretty vague

After looking through the change logs, it was removed but it was removed for the new event icon.userToggled

Example Usage:

icon.userToggled:Connect(function() 

end)

Releases Β· 1ForeverHD/TopbarPlus (github.com)

I have a situation where if someone selects an Icon, they send a request to the server, and the server basically decided whether or not the request is valid, and sends that answer back to the client. if the client receives a negative response, I auto deselect the icon.

Without knowing whether or not the user toggled the event or if I did it through code, I get a C stack overflow from the events being fired continuously

1 Like

Looks like the functionality was combined with the regular toggled event, and whether or not the user toggled the icon is passed as a boolean argument. Don’t see it in the documentation yet though.

1 Like

yeah but v3 is relatively new so I get it.

1 Like

will that work on serverside or only client?

what do you mean by that, what is β€˜that’?

Guys I’m trying to make a timer with a topbar icon and the text isn’t showing on the icon. Here’s my script please lmk what’s wrong with it.

local Icon = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.Icon)

game.ReplicatedStorage.RoundEvents.Intermission.OnClientEvent:Connect(function()
	local TimerIcon = Icon.new()

local TotalTime = game.ReplicatedStorage.TimerSeconds.Value

for i = 1, TotalTime do
		local TimeRemaining = TotalTime + 1 - i
		local RemainingString = "0:"..TimeRemaining
		if TimeRemaining < 10 then
			RemainingString = "0:0"..TimeRemaining
		end
		TimerIcon:setLabel(RemainingString)
		wait(1)
	end
end)