Vanity Profile Links

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to directly enter people’s profiles without their userID

Since the start of Roblox, profile links have been roblox.com/user/123456/profile
The issue is the 123456. That’s your User ID, and it’s unique to you.
I’m not saying that these should be removed, they’re extremely crucial to Roblox.

What I want is to be able to type “roblox.com/user/Roblox” and have it take me to @ROBLOX as an example.
Right now, if you want to do the same thing, you must type “Roblox - Roblox

“But the user search exists!”
For some reason, that has a filter. This is more of a direct approach for this issue.

But as we can see, terminated or not, the user does exist.
This would completely solve this issue
“Extensions exist for a direct user search!”
I know, but this is a default thing.

When clicking a user card, or “Profile” on your sidebar, it would still take you to /user/123456/profile. This is just for direct access and to clean up the link for entering it

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because we would now be able to directly look up users without the worry of the filter, and profile links would be direct

23 Likes

There already exists a link that uses usernames instead of user ID, even supporting using past usernames. Roblox - Roblox

5 Likes

I have known that (and have been told that 3 times bc of this)

This was meant to be a direct thing you can do, like rblx .com/username, not rblx .com/users/profile?username=username.

1 Like

Links like that don’t make much sense because of namespace collisions. If a user has the name “discover”, then should /discover point to the experience discovery page as it does now or the profile of the user with the name “discover”?

5 Likes

For what it’s worth, as a workaround you are able to use this community resource from myself

For example Roblox - Roblox which goes to the Roblox account.

4 Likes