VectorForce Turning Problem

Hello. I’m currently working on a ski system that uses VectorForces for movement, and I have all of the boxes checked, except for one.
Whenever I go to turn and hold W, it turns and updates the position of the VectorForce. However if I try to turn while not holding W, I don’t end up turning. The end result that I am looking to achieve is being able to turn while not holding W and heading in the direction that the player is facing after the turn.
The solutions that I have tried haven’t worked so far, and I’m wondering if anybody has any input as to how I can fix this problem.

This is a slope that I’m using for testing. The Red Line is what I want to accomplish, being able to turn sideways across the hill and not slide down it. The Blue Line is what ends up happening. The ball is heading down the fall line no matter which way I turn.

https://gyazo.com/d868883c55a170141e3158cde70a0441

Here’s the code that I’m using.

mouse.KeyDown:connect(function(key)
	if key == "w" then
		if DoesHaveSkis == true then
			Loop = true
			repeat
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.VectorForce.Force = Vector3.new(1*multiplier,-0, 2*multiplier) * character.LowerTorso.CFrame.LookVector
				wait(0.1)
			until Loop == false	
		end
		end
end)

mouse.KeyUp:connect(function(key)
	if key == "w" then
			Loop = false
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.CustomPhysicalProperties = PhysicalProperties.new(0.7,0.1,0.5)
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.VectorForce.Force = Vector3.new(0,-0, 0) * character.LowerTorso.CFrame.LookVector
		end
	end
end)

if key == "s" then
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.CustomPhysicalProperties = PhysicalProperties.new(0.7,1.5,0.5)
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.VectorForce.Force = Vector3.new(0,-0,0)
		end
	end
end)

if key == "s" then
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.CustomPhysicalProperties = PhysicalProperties.new(0.7,0.1,0.5)
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.VectorForce.Force = Vector3.new(0,-0, 0) * character.LowerTorso.CFrame.LookVector
		end
	end
end)

if key == "a" then
			LoopTurn = true
			repeat
				character.LowerTorso.Ski.BodyAngularVelocity.AngularVelocity = Vector3.new(0,math.rad(225),0)
			--UpdateVector()
			wait()
			until LoopTurn == false
		end
	end
end)

if key == "a" then
			LoopTurn = false
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.BodyAngularVelocity.AngularVelocity = Vector3.new(0,0,0)
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.VectorForce.Force = Vector3.new(character.LowerTorso.Ski.VectorForce.Force.X, -0, character.LowerTorso.Ski.VectorForce.Force.Z) * character.LowerTorso.Ski.CFrame.LookVector
			--UpdateVector()
		end
	end
end)

if key == "d" then
			LoopTurn = true
			repeat
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.BodyAngularVelocity.AngularVelocity = Vector3.new(0,math.rad(-225),0)
				--UpdateVector()
				wait()
			until LoopTurn == false
		end
	end
end)

if key == "d" then
			LoopTurn = false
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.BodyAngularVelocity.AngularVelocity = Vector3.new(0,0,0)
			character.LowerTorso.Ski.VectorForce.Force = Vector3.new(character.LowerTorso.Ski.VectorForce.Force.X, -0, character.LowerTorso.Ski.VectorForce.Force.Z) * character.LowerTorso.Ski.CFrame.LookVector
			--UpdateVector()
		end
	end
end)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

1 Like

It looks like the VectorForce is relative to the world, rather than your ski. Make sure that ‘VectorForce.RelativeTo’ is set to ‘Enum.ActuatorRelativeTo.Attachment0’.