VehicleSeat.Throttle does not change when player is put in seat with Sit() function

So I was wondering why my car’s brake lights stopped working when I realized it was because the Throttle property won’t update unless the player has gotten in the seat manually. On the server, I moved them into the car automatically with this:

cl.VehicleSeat:Sit(plr.Character.Humanoid)

Hopefully this can be addressed.

3 Likes

Do you have an idea of when this started happening?
I’ve been noticing for the past month or month and a half that some players who jump into the cars in my games will not be able to drive. Possibly this might be a root cause?
(My cars utilize the Throttle property to drive the car.)

1 Like

I literally only noticed that it happened after I added this code today. However, I’ve noticed that it only occurs with certain vehicles, some are unaffected.

Might be a vehicle-specific thing? Idk

1 Like

The only connection I’ve been able to make is that users with “bad connection” seem to describe issues more to me involving their car being undriveable. And then when their connection seems to improve, suddenly everything works. :man_shrugging:

But that’s just speculation from users who have the problem. I never seem to have this issue, it’s very random on who is affected.

1 Like

That’s really odd. It happens 100% of the time for me in studio.

I hope we can get this looked at

3 Likes