Verification fails even when completed correctly

Hello. I have been having troubles the last few months with Roblox in-app “fun” captcha. Firstly, I believe it gets prompted way too often. I try to reply to 2-3 group wall posts on my group, I’m hit with them every single time.

The real problem is that they say you’ve failed them even when you successfully complete them correctly. I thought at first maybe I was going a bit insane and I was missing something because after completing the same captcha challenge a few times it said I did it correctly and allowed me to complete my actions, however it got really frustrating recently so I decided to try screen record it and see what was happening when it was saying I failed the verification when I was confident I was doing it correctly, and here’s what happens:

From the above video, you can see I correctly matched the quantity of shapes to the correct shape itself on the correct page and submitted the verification at the end, only for it to tell me I did it wrong. I believe this is a bug as it’s been happening frequently to me across the Roblox app.

It’s happened to me on the iOS mobile app and iOS iPad app.

Here’s my device and version information from the recording shown in the link above:

iPhone 14 Pro (256GB)
iOS 16.6 (20G5070a)
Roblox App Version 2.583.1069 (Latest via App Store)

My Roblox UserId: 448443585

I’m not exactly able to replicate this, but I suspect this was because of the 4th Captcha challenge as shown in the video. It seems like whether or not if it’s the correct answer to the challenge, not interacting with the arrow buttons will automatically mark your whole Captcha attempt as “wrong”.

I suspect this, because I’ve also been facing a similar issue, except on a laptop.

Yes, this has also happened to me countless times. And it seems like roblox wont be patching this any time soon, because there are quite many things to fix/patch they wont focus on this.

1 Like

I thought so too, but it doesn’t seem to always be the case. Pretty sure it’s just some other underlying problem that needs to be addressed.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes