Verified system for popular models

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to understand what models in the toolbox are legitimate due to the rate that people re-upload them + include backdoors which can be harmful.

Idea

I propose the idea of Verified Models

What is a Verified Model?

A verified model is a reference on the model’s page that helps a player know it’s the original and legitimate copy.

How would somebody be able to tell if a model is Verified?

Simple! Verified Models will have the “Verified Model” type instead of just regular “Model”

Here’s an example of how it would look using one of my own models:

How would it be obtained?

Good question! Roblox would determine verification based on the following:

• Popularity
  • Checking

For a model to be verified - it must be a model known to be at risk of fraud copies. For example;

Kohl’s Admin Infinite is known to be legitimate but only the version by Scripth.

Meanwhile - there is another “Kohl’s Admin Infinite” on the models page - uploaded by a fresh account - with 2 million assumingly bot takes.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would be easier to determine a models legitimacy and put my game at less risk of backdoors.

29 Likes

EDIT: I’ve made several improvements to the post and fixed some errors I made in the original.

If anyone has any feedback on the idea or any improvements on it i’d be interested to hear! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually recall something like this existing back in 2015 or somewhere in that zone. There was several verified models but Roblox hasn’t added any models to it in a long time.

I actually just did some research on this topic and found out that it was called “Official Model Maker” you can read about it here Official Model Maker badge | Roblox Wiki | Fandom

3 Likes

Indeed - I did factor that in before posting.

A reason I didn’t include it is that it’s clear to see it hasn’t been touched in years.

1 Like

The program is no longer in use. This feature request would help bring the concept back and generally improve things.

3 Likes

I’ve been told by people that they think it should be easier to know if a model is verified.

The only way I can think of that being implemented would be to have a “Verified Models” category seperated from normal models, decals etc.

Does anyone else have an idea on how this idea could be improved?

1 Like

I think that the process of verifying a model should be operated by UGC Creators. Roblox doesn’t have time to look over each model and track down who originally made it. For now, UGC Creators are limited to developers who are authorized to create and sell hats on Roblox.

I suggest adding an option above Report Item that says Verify Model which can only be seen and used by those in the program. After 10 or more UGC Creators verify the model, the model should be labeled as verified.

Verified Models should be the first models displayed on the library. This should help with illegitimate models showing up on the front page.

I don’t know if people will notice the Verified Model under the Type classification. What about displaying a blue checkmark that says says Item Verified by UGC Creators?

2 Likes