[Version 1.1.1] Better Roblox Animate Script (R15)

As you know when player’s character spawns roblox creates inside character script “Animate”,
This script containts information how character’s animations should works.
But this script logic and code looking is kinda bad (really bad), thats why, I decided to rewrite the script, removing unnecessary elements and code logic (not everything).

Script works like the original one in functionality, but much simpler.

It also includes:
1. Non-repetitive random /e dance
(When the player writes /e dance without a number, the script selects a random non-repetitive dance)

2. Disable toolnone animation
(if you want to disable toolnone animation, then set the “HoldAnim” attribute to the tool (the default value is false)))

3. Fixes tool speed glitch
(If you equip while emoting your сenter of the character changes and player able to move really fast, with this fix it no longer possible)

4. Dynamic run/walk animation play
(If player in first person mode or using shiftlock and goes to BackwardRight, BackwardLeft or Backward, animation will be played reversed
P.S If you want to disable it, then set the value of the UseDynamicWalk attribute to false in the script.)

You can get better Animate script here

P.S Feel free to feedback

18 Likes

I kinda like what you done here. Might be useful for people who are looking to have a more simple animated script. But my tip is to try and make this work for all avatar sizes as Roblox animated script works on all avatars.

My version supports this too, simply it is a modified version of the script from Roblox

Calling /e dance without number argument instead of playing random animation throw error
изображение
изображение

2 Likes

P.S.
You have emotes listed in a dictionary, and it missing dance without number
изображение
and in function PlayRadnomDance

you checking that it it a “dance”

2 Likes

Thanks for report, fixed in new version!

Could you please try to improve the R6 Animate script while you’re at it?
That would be nice for my game.

Only If I have free time, reading scripts from Roblox is a pain

If you tried your 8 directional animation with original “Animate” script then it should work

UPDATE 1.0.1
– Added real time changing animations
(If you change Animation’s (walk, run, fall, jump, climb, idle, sit, swim, swimidle) AnimationId in “Animate” script, it will immediately update Animation)
– Some improvements

After some digging, i found that we shouldn’t change animations in real time, roblox animation replication does not support that and i can’t really do anything about it.
(Client-Server view looks different)

Update 1.1
– Added anti-speed tool glitch fix
(If you equip while emoting your сenter of the character changes and player able to move really fast, with this fix it no longer possible)
– Added server script creating non-existing animations (cheer, wave, etc)
– Code logic improvements
– Bug fixes

1 Like

Update 1.1.0.1
– Added script:SetAttribute() for RunSpeed and AnimSpeed (Can be used for properly crouch / crawl system)
– Small bug fixes

1 Like

Update 1.1.1
– Added dynamic run/walk animation play
(If player in first person mode or using shiftlock and goes to BackwardRight, BackwardLeft or Backward, animation will be played reversed
P.S if you want to disable it just set If you want to disable it, then set the value of the UseDynamicWalk attribute to false in the script.)

– Rewrited toolnone logic
(I learned that it is better not to store animations in the tool itself, so if you want to disable toolnone animation, then set the “HoldAnim” attribute to the tool (the default value is false))