Vertical Ads broken on Microsoft Edge

image broken

Hello there,
I’d like to inform you that vertical ads show up as blank error images on Microsoft Edge.
This could be a huge issue for game discoverability.
By the way, only vertical ads are affected. Horizontal & square ads seem to work normally.

Browser: Microsoft Edge - Version 103.0.1264.71 (Official build) (64-bit)

4 Likes

I couldn’t reproduce the issue using Microsoft Edge Version 104.0.1293.54 (Official build) (64-bit). Maybe you could provide errors that you can find in the devtools console. That may also be caused by an ads blocker

2 Likes

Refreshed adblocker.
Now the vertical ads work but they only show the Roblox Premium ads.
This happens without the adblocker extension too.

1 Like

Firefox:

1 Like

Roblox is experiencing an issue with the ads system so premium ads are just placeholders

3 Likes

Yes, I know.

How come your ads work perfectly fine in the screenshot you posted?

1 Like

I am not sure about that but it’s probably like the issue only affected certain countries or something like that.

1 Like

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 8.35.42 PM

Seems like this is not only for microsoft edge, this was taken in google…

Google version- 104.0.5112.79
Device taken- Macbook Pro
Location- India
OS version- MacOS Big Sur 11.6.1

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Looks like we’re getting the same issue that we had yesterday. I hope this gets fixed soon, as banner ads are significantly more effective compared to running sponsors.

1 Like

Same applies to chrome in Canada.

1 Like

Sponsors also seem to be broken, only appearing in the sponsored dort fir some people.

Darn, RIP me then. I ran 70k in sponsors between my games today because I thought those were at least working :sob::sob::sob::sob:

This is unrelated to this topic, but in the screenshot provided your Roblox homesite link is web.roblox.com, and your profiles age range in the top right is <13.
The account that took this screenshot is under the age of 13. The DevForum is 13+ only.
Staying on the DevForum if this is an account you own seems like a bad idea to me.

Hi, thanks for the report! This issue should now be resolved.

Creators who ran ads during this time will receive an individual follow-up from us regarding refunds shortly.

2 Likes

Oh it’s fixed now!

2 Likes

Roblox ads system was broken so the premium placeholder ads were showing.

This is probably a screenshot taken on another account, because the avatar is different as well as the username.

1 Like