Very annoying issue with moving parts

Right, so now i’ve got another issue. As you see in the GIF, it does this. I know that its supposed to do this (since it’s welded) but how exactly would I use a hinge to allow it to stay level while keeping the weld? I’ve tried it last time, and it failed, so could anyone help? https://gyazo.com/f83c74cf52eba19fbc8f32fcd803a895

How would I do this though? As I stated above, it is welded, and hinges don’t seem to work.

I’m not completely sure however I think you could have two separate welded parts that are intertwined, the idea stems from a chain as they can be very robust but are at no point physically joined together only touching (so theoretically no need for hinges).

One part would be attached to the top of your cart and one on the driver, it would then be level and will be relying on the bond. Both parts will need to be welded but not anchored or hinged. image

I’m confused. So how would I replicate this with mine? What scripts would I need as im using qweld right now.

I think you’d use the existing script for the top portion that moves it then insert weld scripts into both parts and just let it hang.

This is just a quick demo I did with a small towed part for a car, they are being held together by the welds.

Hmm alright, could you attach that here?

Yeah I’ll upload the model and post the link.

1 Like

Here we go, I honestly hope this help! :hugs:

1 Like

(This isn’t a problem-solving reply, but just to give some efficient advice.)
First of all, the Workspace service is already referenced to by a variable named workspace. Second of all, local variables are only used when their value is needed more than once in the script. That’s not the case in this script. And also, nil is the default value for the :SetNetworkOwner method if no argument is given. Your script can be recoded to:

workspace:WaitForChild("Seat"):SetNetworkOwner()

Thank you for your reply but, respectfully, I know all of this. I just chose not to apply it here. I addressed the situation as I am addressing, not a seasoned programming, but a beginner. I was determined to make it simple and easy to understand for him. I appreciate your advice, but when addressing a beginner, we, the advanced, should be as understandable in our code as possible. Thank you though for your reply!

Quick note: Although that “workspace” variable is there, I always use game:GetService(“Workspace”). Just a consistency/readability thing as every other service uses :GetService.

1 Like

Is your model mass less? If your problem is the ski lift is de-attaching when you sit in the seat (it appears to be the case) then try giving it weight. I believe this is an issue with seats and I don’t think it can be fixed by setting network ownership.

I was making a car yesterday. When you get in the car, the car would forcefully turn to where the player is facing. I figured the problem was the car can not have every part as mass less, it needs weight. This was easily fixed for me by turning off mass less from the base of the car.

I hope this helps and/or you find the solution to your problem. I am aware this the last reply to this topic was posted in 2019 and you have most likely moved on by now, but this could still be useful for others.