Very annoying issue with moving parts

So I’m trying to create a ski lift as shown in the GIF bellow. When you sit down while the chair is moving, it falls off for no reason, even though there are so much solid parts to stop it from doing this. It seems to rotate to the direction you got onto it. I don’t know if it’s a bug or how I could fix it, but if anyone knows, could they reply?

1 Like

This may be an issue with NetworkOwnership. Try manually setting the seat’s Network Owner to the server like so:

SeatModelMainPart:SetNetworkOwner(nil);

Should I set the script so its a Parent of the seats?

I wouldn’t think so. When your game initializes, quickly loop through all the lift seats and set their main part’s Network Owner to nil (the server). It doesn’t matter if the script is in the Workspace or ServerScriptService as having it in either will still accomplish the same thing.

Doesn’t seem to be working, have tested it in-game too:

Does it spit out an error? If so, what error?

Seat isn’t instantly defined; you have to find it through the game’s hierarchy. For example, if a seat is in the workspace and it’s name is “Seat”, you’d make this:

local Workspace = game:GetService("Workspace"); --Define the Workspace
local Seat = Workspace:WaitForChild("Seat"); --Wait for seat to spawn in (sometimes scripts can run before the game is fully loaded)

Seat:SetNetworkOwner(nil);

Would it still work with multiple seats too?

It gives this error:

Does the hook go into the bar? Or is it like a clip?

No its like a conveyor, in which the actual part is resting on is moving, and the cable is static

For multiple seats, you have to find each individual seat and assign it’s Network Owner.

You cannot assign a model a network owner. You have to set the model’s primary part’s network owner. For now, try simply just setting the actual Seat object’s network owner.

I’m not a scripter so idk if that may be the reason, but developer side, once you get on it, it does bobble around then jump off, you could put a part underneath so it is securely on and wont fall, But I don’t know tho,

1 Like

That doesn’t seem to work. Theres no error.

Okay then - Good luck anyway trying to find out a way to make it work.

If there is no error, then that means the network owner was successfully assigned. Unfortunately, that means the problem is not related to Network Ownership.

Try @Dukeston_J’s suggestion. I’m not completely sure if it is a problem that could be fixed with scripts or with building. All I can say is that Roblox physics can be weird in situations like this sometimes.

I hope you find your solution.

Thank you both - i’ll try and work one out :confused:

1 Like

FIXED

Weird, Altering the size of the seat seems to stop this from happening! Could this be a bug?

It could just be roblox, being roblox. Since some stuff is glitchy.

In the original GIF you can see the lift “derails” the moment it comes into contact with the first incline, rather than altering the size to bypass the problem you could try maybe making the lift rotate at the same angle as the cable when applicable.

You could also try putting a hole (probably by using a negative part) inside the clip which is the same diameter as the cable. Then it will theoretically hold it in place.

My other idea was possibly the player’s weight pulling the cart down, try putting a script that disables the player’s gravity when sat down?

Yeah normally the seat sizes really do effect physics in roblox.