Vexture's Portfolio | Scripting Backend & Frontend, UI, and more

EDIT

I made a Github Pages site to better present myself.

My official portfolio website can be found here.

About Me

Hello there! I’m a “full stack” scripter with 10 years of experience on this platform. I’m currently enrolled as a Junior at Virginia Tech with a major in CMDA (Computational Modeling and Data Analysis).

I’ve created some community resources here in the past. One of them is about an artist workflow for terrain generation using 3rd-party software, which can be found here.

I also made a simple plugin for first person animators to preview their work, which you can take a look at here.

I’m currently involved in 3 projects; the one I can talk about is shown below!
A lot of my work makes use of a class-based, object-oriented paradigm. I also ensure that my work is modular, separable, and reusable across multiple projects.

In the past, I’ve worked on a spring simulation using Hooke’s law, Gerstner waves, and perlin noise with fractional Brownian motion (and domain warping). I’m currently working on a first person shooter project (which is shown below).

Showcase

GIFs from my work-in-progress FPS project

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/725056585352871967/804092821287993354/PVma1sIclV.mp4
Showcases procedural animations using a spring simulation. Walk, sprint, super-sprint, and sway are all driven by an internal spring simulation. Custom movement, vaulting, etc. are included in this project.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/665429472639582281/810970702110785536/YIdb7TkiYV.mp4

Projectile motion simulation using the kinematic equations for projectile motion; raycasts between points on a curved path (similar to FastCast, but my own implementation). You may notice that with many projectiles on-screen, they freeze midair. This is not a bug; it is an early look at a staggered updating optimization which will be used in tandem with other improvements to increase the number of projectiles that can exist at a given time.

Gerstner Waves with Frustum Culling

ShareX GIF | Gfycat
A basic implementation of Gerstner waves with view culling using skinned meshes. You may notice some artifacts where some bones hidden from the camera view do not get updated, warping the shape on the edges of the camera.

Domain warped fBm noise rendered using frames

unknown

Other projects of mine include hand-made scenes with models made in Blender. You can see my favorite one here: map design - Roblox

Availability

I’m currently not available due to current active obligations.

Despite being unavailable, I’m open to discussion. If you’d like to talk to me about future projects, or just have some questions or just want advice or scripting help, feel free to have a chat with me! You can find my contact info below.

Payment

Prices are negotiable and vary based on project complexity and time commitment, with a minimum cost of $100 USD. My payment policy is half payment at 50% completion, other half at 100% completion.

Contact

You can contact me here on the Developer Forum or on Discord at henny hoy#0101.

Thanks for reading!