VFX Scripter Pro — an essential plugin for VFX scripters

Yeah I did that but I can’t add them as a selection

1 Like

Oh I see, the issue. Sorry for that, check out the file again in the same reply (I edited it again). It’s a bug related to something I made to prevent issues in Team Create. Thanks for letting me know!

2 Likes

Ah, It works! I might use this. There’s a way to run animations without uploading them, I just have to find it again since I don’t really use it. You should add it to the post for others trying to use it too if it works haha

I also like how objects don’t break if you somehow leave studio while it’s running or crash (for now)

2 Likes

Hey man, I can can confirm that animations do work as long as you have physics enabled. This is something I will add to the features list. Thank you for your question! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you add the option to export code as script?

2 Likes

This is something I’ve already added to my todo list :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a Goated Plugin Brother :fire:

1 Like

:confetti_ball: Introducing VFX Scripter Pro v1.2.0 :confetti_ball:

New Features :star:

• Script Library (save/load scripts).
  • Select your already-added objects.
  • Better automated clean up after each run. Will try to clean up connections, instances, and threads.
  • Better harmony in Team Create. (I haven’t tested this plugin in TC, so I don’t recommend using it in TC at all.)

Objects created using Instance.new will be cleaned up automatically :broom:

01a15534637c33ecec2b120618fc03ef

Associated Script
local VspLib = require(script.VspLib)

local OriginPart = VspLib.GetInstance("Part")

local function CreatePart()
	local Part = Instance.new("Part")
	Part.AssemblyLinearVelocity = Vector3.new(Random.new():NextNumber(-.5,.5), 1, Random.new():NextNumber(-.5,.5)) * 50
	Part.Position = OriginPart.Position + Vector3.yAxis * 3
	Part.Size = Vector3.one
	Part.Shape = Enum.PartType.Ball
	Part.BrickColor = BrickColor.random()
	Part.Parent = workspace
end

for i = 1, 64 do
	task.delay((i - 1) * .05, CreatePart)
end

The plugin is still very new and could use feedback! Please do not hesitate to share any problems you are having! Share anything cool you have made with this plugin!

2 Likes

Bro this looks very very useful and op for scripters lmao

1 Like

not even just for vfx it can so so much other things

1 Like

Would be cool if i could buy it, sadly it’s not really avaible in my country (the payment)

1 Like

:confetti_ball: Introducing VFX Scripter Pro v1.2.1 :confetti_ball:

Changes :memo:

• The Script Library now has Object-based saving instead of name based saving.
  • The Script Library now also saves: looped mode, loop interval, physics enabled.
  • Bug fixes.

The plugin is still very new and could use feedback! Please do not hesitate to share any problems you are having! Share anything cool you have made with this plugin!

1 Like

we’re cooking on VFX with this one :fire:

1 Like

Requiring external modules clones them a bunch of times, is this intended? Should I clone the module and use the cloned one as a selection, or will this be fixed?

$9,99 for this?! You’re basically running the code from a script in a plug-in, if I’m being honest that isn’t really that hard. Is this a mistake or is it intended to be $9,99?

I mean he worked for it, elttob charges 10 for a class changer, if its easy just makd it yourself ig

Yeah this was a tricky thing to approach in the plugin. Since you can pretty much only call require once per ModuleScript because it gets cached. I wasn’t too sure on how to approach this problem. Ideally, you shouldn’t require any modules since the plugin cannot detect Instance.news or connections within those ModuleScripts. If you have any ideas on how to improve this, let me know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are not paying $9.99 just to run code in this plugin. You are offered with many useful features such as physics, object restoration, looped mode, etc. And yes, you could make this plugin yourself, but this is something I have never seen anyone make before and it was quite time consuming to work on. And if you think $9.99 is ridiculous for this plugin, then you should reconsider the fact that you will be receiving a permanent license to this plugin with free updates. If you have any concerns, I am happy to help you! :slight_smile:

Oh, I was just wondering because it used to work just fine for me before the update, you should definitely try to find a way to make the plugin work with modules (maybe by reading the source? idk) because it’d help keep it more consistent with the code of the actual game and see how it would actually look

Idk any way to do it but maybe allow insertion of modules under the code that vsplib reads the code of and adds the methods under, or something like a custom require? It’s like just putting the functions in the script directly from a coding standpoint but just neater like a module

Or allow requiring VSPlib in other places than the main code with a few changes

1 Like

I have reverted that change so it uses the previous method of require.

1 Like