VHS effect completely made with Roblox (NOT GFX)

With a few hours of replicating what a real VHS, looked like, I was able to make this.
I think it looks pretty good within the capabilities of Roblox’s built-in gui, but I’d also love feedback on how I can improve it or make it more realistic.

Here’s the game so you can try it out yourself:

I might consider making this some sort of photoshoot/hangout game if requested! Thank you :smile:

40 Likes

Hello! If it doesn’t bother you I would like to ask you something about this VHS effect because it looks so good. You can contact me via Discord Pipot#5322, thank you for your attention.

3 Likes

It’s really good! I’d make the filter a bit less blurry and less saturated to make it more realistic. Other than that, it’s great!

i added you on discord so make sure to check ur requests :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like exposition in a found footage movie

Would make for a good horror game filter

i would love to know the process to do it !

How did you make the colours look like that? I really want to know!

So sorry to bump this, but where did you get the static overlay? I am searching for a realistic one (chromatic aberration, scan-lines), but cannot find one quite right. Would you be willing to send me a link?

This looks awesome Nico - any pointers on how you did this or what resources you went about using ? Thanks !

Sorry to bother you but, how did you create the chromatic aberration?

It looks good! Nice job on it!

It looks like they are using Viewports to make a copy of every part, and then change the color and transparency of them

3x the fps drop, yikes! :grimacing:

3 Likes