Video thumbnail won't load on game page and gives error in configure

Yesterday, I uploaded a video thumbnail for my game, and it still has yet to appear on the game page. I assumed moderation was just taking a long time to approve the video, but they definitely would not take this long. It was exactly 30 seconds long and I don’t really see any reasons why moderation would disapprove of the video, so I don’t think the issue is there…

Link to the place: ROBLOX Hockey All-Stars - Roblox
Link to the video: ROBLOX Hockey All-Stars Game Trailer (NEW 2020 VERSION) - YouTube

I tried looking through other topics, but this seems to be unique from what I can see. When I configure the place, the video thumbnail itself exists, but gives me the error “You need Flash player 8+ and JavaScript enabled to view this video.” One potential reason why the thumbnail might not work is because I decided to do a premiere on YouTube. Nonetheless, from what I’ve tried, the video thumbnail does not load on Chrome or Opera. I haven’t tried other browsers, but I assume I’ll get the same result.

4 Likes

Don’t mean to bump my own topic but an update on the situation:

The video now shows on Configure Place with no issues but not on the game page… So from this I assume the video was moderated?

5 Likes

Same thing is happening to me, how can we fix this?

2 Likes

I also can’t seem to upload my Roblox Trailer into my game thumbnail… It just shows this instead:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the video, or its youtube settings preventing anyone from seeing it. I have tried reposting the video in a different format but nothing seemed to help, I am now stuck in this page for hours and it still doesn’t show up in the thumbnail, I am not sure if this is some type of moderation action on the video whatsoever there is nothing wrong with it. Apparently I am able to see the video in my game thumbnail on the Roblox mobile App on IOS, although I have tried seeing it on 3 different browsers but it doesn’t seem able to be showing for any PC users.

Game link: [:racing_car:CARS​:racing_car:] Waypoint Hotels - Roblox
Video link: :star2: Waypoint Hotels - Official Trailer - YouTube

I hope that someone can help me figure this out because I am in desperate need of posting the trailer for my community.

3 Likes

I have the same problem. Have you fixed it?

2 Likes

Has anybody figured out a solution to this? I’ve been waiting over 2 days for my trailer to be accepted.
On my alternative account on mobile I can see my video on my game’s page. But not on PC.

I’ve tried everything, this is so odd.

1 Like

It only shows on mobile, not pc

1 Like

@mintfie @Iogician @artsdev

Old roblox pages don’t get updated anymore. The create tab will be superseded by the Creator Dashboard, when it’s finished! It should have thumbnail and video uploading support before it’s finished.

But, Roblox should fix this as there’s no current workaround or solution unless you “glitch” enable flash player like how some people managed to do a while ago.

Will my video be fixed when the new creator dashboard is out?

1 Like