VideoFrame showing a Grey Screen rather than the Video Thumbnail

Since the release of the VideoFrame, more info here, I’ve been tweaking and been adding a lot of stuff into the VideoFrame and learning more about them. Yesterday, I’ve faced an issue with them which is not showing the Video thumbnail that I’ve inserted, instead, it showed either a black or white or grey screen rather the thumbnail itself which is disappointing.

VideoFrame bug and where it happens is inside Roblox Studio and not in-game in general, just a studio bug itself and the bug started happening yesterday and still has today.

Here are some images and a video of the bug:

Images/Video of the bug:

Here, it show this thumbnail:

After running studio for a test, it will show this afterward:

How to reproduce:

• First, open up studio and place a Video inside a SurfaceGui and configure it.
  • Second, Test/Run studio for about 6 ~ 12 seconds.
  • Third or finally, it’ll show a grey/black screen.

My system specs are:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz

I don’t think that this is intentional at all with VideoFrame at all, I’ve restarted studio and closed it many times and still, it shows the bug as I am on studio version: 0.447.1.411123 (64bit).

12 Likes

Thanks for the report! We are looking into it!

7 Likes

After countless restarts of the studio, I have not avoided this problem. When I bring the video frame from the marketplace, it shows the frame from timeposition 0, but when I run game in studio, it all turns grey-ish. Even when I end the play test, it suddenly became grey-ish in the studio as well.

I tried looking far and beyond but no solution on the horizon, thank you for taking a look to this!

Sorry this has taken so long. We finally have a fix for this issue and it should be rolled out in the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

While we’re at it, is there a specific ETA on when are you guys releasing access to uploading Videos/GIF to the platform?

Regards

The fix should be deployed now, earlier than expected. About Video Upload ETA, tune in to RDC next week.

3 Likes