VideoFrame TimePosition incorrectly 'snaps' to appx. 4-second intervals

The TimePosition property of VideoFrames, when set, incorrectly ‘snaps’ to the last position which is a multiple of 4 (approximately).

Here is a demonstration with a video player I’ve made using VideoFrames. The timestamp on the right (x:xx / 0:30) reads directly from TimePosition:
export7

This can be recreated in the Studio Properties widget without any scripts running:

export7

This place file contains a single videoframe with the above video, for reproduction:

videobug.rbxl (22.2 KB)

18 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue.

I’m still having this issue, for me the intervals are seemingly random based on the video you have, not sure why, very strange.

Alright, thanks for the update. When there is info from the engineers i will pass it on.

1 Like

We’ve done some internal work that should handle this case now. If you can still reproduce, please let me know what asset id you are using.

Also, I was unable to run the rbxl file as shown in the videos, no slider shows up. However, I did test the preview window position, and it appears to be showing correct position now.

1 Like