View port frame on surfacegui?!?

Hello.
I want to display 3d spinning model On a surfacegui. Using a view port frame.
How will I do so and what do I need to think of?
Also I am wondering If it could cause lag.

7 Likes

And if u use models made of 200 parts and about 10 view ports?

3 Likes

All I can say is that’ll probably also bring some heavy performance issues, especially if each part within the model is rendering separately in each ViewportFrame.

2 Likes

You have to create a 3D model that is compatible with Roblox Studio by using the file format(e.g., OBJ). Then, insert a surface GUI and adjust the properties of it how you want it to be. Add a ViewportFrame and set it’s size in order to match the size of the SurfaceGUI. Select the ViewportFrame in the Explorer or 3D view and set the CurrentCamera to the model in workspace. Create a rotation animation for the desired model or if I am not wrong to a parent. Also, if I am not wrong, you can also undergo this process with a part by inserting one in workspace. Please correct me if I am wrong, since I have no idea if what I made is good.

Actually, it depends. If you use any high-polygon and complexed models it may cause performance issues.

also mb for the repost

3 Likes

So?
Should i turn specific properties off?

2 Likes

I mean, sure, if you want to. It will decrease performance issues by disabling some priorities like shadows, textures and dynamic lighting (those are not the only properties, they are just the most common examples).

1 Like

Viewport frames already cannot render anything shadow and lighting related. As of now the only features they have is a basic singular global light source, smooth shading (if you can even call it a feature these days) and the ability to render textures/decals/materials.

And yeah, there might be some slowdowns in having models with 200 parts render individually in 10 other viewports. However the only performance hits im seeing would primarily have to do with just updating the position/orientation of a large amount of parts. What you could do is perhaps convert a cluster of parts (if possible) into a mesh or union (unions are your quickest way) and work with fewer parts.

1 Like

Oh yeah, my bad :person_facepalming:

1 Like

so yea, how would i display these?

2 Likes

do large amounts of billboardguis lag?
(planning to use them instead of particles)

2 Likes

A large amounts of billboardGUIs does indeed potentially lag.

1 Like

is there any alternative to particleemitters since they are less rate oin mobile?

2 Likes