Viewport Frame Is Only Showing Character's Head?

In my game I have character outfits and when I display them in your inventory, only the head shows up. I’m pretty sure more than just the head can be visible because I’ve successfully put parts, accessories and tools in them before. Here’s a screenshot

Also, some things from the humanoid description don’t show up in the viewport frame, such as a larger head. It might be the system that is causing it to act weird rather than the viewport frames? Here is my system:

Setting up the character outfits

1. Clone the dummy(one from the build-in plugin)
  2. Use ApplyDescription to change their appearance
  3. Store in the replicated storage for use on the client

local dummy = game.ReplicatedStorage.Assets.Dummy
local allItems = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.Modules.AllItems):GetAllItems()

for _, outfit in pairs(allItems) do
	if outfit:IsA("HumanoidDescription") then
		if not game.ReplicatedStorage.Assets.Outfits:FindFirstChild(outfit.Name) then
			local clone = dummy:Clone()

clone.Name = outfit.Name
			clone.Parent = game.ReplicatedStorage.Assets.Outfits
			clone.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(outfit)
		end
	end
end

Inventory script:

1. Clone the outfit

2. Set up the viewport frame to display the outfit

local character = game.ReplicatedStorage.Assets.Outfits:WaitForChild(item.Name):Clone()

character.Parent = label.ViewportFrame
     local cam = Instance.new("Camera")
     label.ViewportFrame.CurrentCamera = cam
     cam.Parent = label.ViewportFrame

if character:FindFirstChild("End") then
         cam.CFrame = character.End.CFrame
     end

I’ve tried to fix the problem by creating the outfits manually, but it still only shows the head. I’ve tried anchoring all the body parts but that didn’t work either. Every solution that I’ve tried hasn’t made a difference which is why I’m trying to get help from the professionals :smiley:

1 Like

It might be helpful if you posted some of your code.

As @CompilerError said, it would be helpful if you posted some code related to the creation of the Viewport frame/character in the Viewport frame. It would also be helpful to see the properties of the Viewport frame.

It sounds like you may be setting the object of the Viewport frame to the head of the character, rather than the character model itself. If that is the case, then you must realize that only the object provided and it’s own descendants become shown in the Viewport frame.

Without code provided though, I can only guess at the issue here. It would also be helpful if you provide a picture of the dummy you are using so that we can see what it should look like in the Viewport frame.

I added all the code that is used to create the inventory system. This can be seen in Arsenal

I’m assuming that this is created using viewport frames.

It’s possible they just used an image, but I was actually asking for a picture of your dummy. I wanted to see that the body is showing up before parenting it to the viewport.

Ok first of all please fix your code formatting.

Secondly, when you manually create the outfit, does it show up for you locally in studio? Have you tried manually viewing it in the viewport frame in studio (like - set the camera up manually and look at the character)?

Can you offer more details such as your dummy before and after, your viewport setup (both your hierarchy normally and when there’s a character being displayed)?

Hierarchy: image
Here are the same character models used in the viewport frames, cloned into the workspace
A lot of the parts in the character are not rendered, even though the parts are shown to be loaded in the workspace models.

Did you parent the outfits to workspace while working on them before putting them in Replicated Storage? From my personal experience, I had to make sure that said “outfit” was a child to workspace before putting it in replicated storage since view ports do not deal with physics. This includes adding any type of accessory since iirc those require some type of code/physics when being applied to a character in workspace.

Edit* Because of the lack of physics, you do not need to anchor any parts.

Parenting the character to the workspace lets Roblox position them. When I skipped that step, the character would come out squished or decapitated. This did not fix the problem but it helped me.

I actually fixed it. I decided to use my own character model and remove all the accessories that I had on. Once I removed an item or something it started to work, but I forgot what it was.