Viewport frame white overlay

Me and my friend are trying to create a birds-eye view of our map to make it easier for new users who don’t understand our game.

We have got it working and after fixing an issue with orientation we are struggling with this white overlay over the frame. We have bugged around with the properties and its nothing to do with colour or anything like that.

Some have said its because of Roblox altitude and is this the case and if so is there a way to get around it?
Thanks.

I’ve attached a picture of our viewport frame.

3 Likes

I guess you could just take a normal image of the map. It would also give u better image quality, not as pixelated. Also gives you the benefit to draw points of interest for your map to be easily understood.

(I have no idea to fix the white overlay tbh other than removing the atmosphere or moving the map closer to the camera)

this is what i mean btw:
drawing

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

We are making an airport game where the air traffic controller needs to be able to see all the planes on the ground while they move etc so they avoid collision. It is possible to take a photo then add planes with labels or something but that would take more time lol and we thought a viewport frame would be easier.

1 Like

Did you check the viewport frame’s BackgroundTransparency, AmbientColor, LightColor, and ImageColor? You can also try exporting that viewport frame into a model and post it here for us to test it ourselves.

I don’t believe Lighting has anything to do with viewport frames. It’s a pretty primitive rendering engine.

2 Likes

Thank you!

It still doesn’t look amazing but it will do for now.

Here is the model if you want to have a look.
ViewportFrame.rbxm (4.6 KB)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.