ViewportFrame Masking

Hello 6mikael6, this is the most coolest thing I ever seen in my entire life and I want to say, keep up the good work bro!! :grin:

I have a question or perhaps a request to ask. On Portal1, is it possible to make it where if the player get inside the portal bubble, it will get you into other place? Like for example, portal2 same thing, same function but the entrance will be the bubbles (portal1) instead.

1 Like

Thank you! I think it’s definitely doable but there’s a lot of things that have to be taken to consideration. Also I’m really struggling to figure out how the portal logic should work, for example what happens when both the player and the camera is inside the portal.

One glaring problem is that the portal only supports pre-made characters as in-game mask creation is not yet possible (EditableMeshes might be supported in ViewportFrames at some point which would make in-game mask creation possible). Additionally the portal requires the surrounding map to have a mask which further complicates things.

I got the camera somewhat working with the portal but I’m not sure how to make it traversable for the player:

It definitely needs a lot more work but I think it has potential.

4 Likes

my stroke is having a brian

but this looks awesome

3 Likes

Ah cheers mate! I am looking forward to this. Keep up good work!! :brown_heart:

2 Likes