ViewportFrame resolution stretches badly for a split second when size is changed

Hello,

Couldn’t find a designated UI help section of the forum so I thought I’d pop in here.
To preface, I’m working on a spatial grid inventory system:

…and have run into a tiny visual bug when my items are rotated. It’s hard to catch it in the video, but here’s a still frame of it:

It seems that ROBLOX has a frame or two where the ViewportFrame’s resolution is borked as it adjusts its size, each and every time an item is rotated. It’s starting to get on my nerves after weeks of having to see it as I work on this system.

I’m not messing with Rotation at all, as I feel that property is horribly neglected by ROBLOX and has a heap of issues. Instead, I’m:

1. Switching the width and the height of the main frame
  2. My ViewportFrame has scaling {1, -6}, {1, -6} so it automatically adjusts itself to the parent frame
  3. The ViewportFrame camera is rotated 90 degrees so it looks as if the item preview (the axe in this case) has rotated, and some finishing touches are added with EgoMoose’s module to ensure the axe fits precisely within the ViewportFrame.

To clarify, this procedure works great, no issues or errors, it’s just to provide some scripting context. I fear the resolution issue is moreso on ROBLOX’s end but I’m hoping someone can help me find a bandaid fix :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.