Vintage Admin: Open Sourced Admin Module for RP Games

image_2024-01-07_010303468

About Vintage Admin:

Vintage Admin was originally a private admin commands project I was creating for fun, however after an overwhelming positive review of the module, it was made public!

Credits:

Why should I choose Vintage Admin over others?

• Easy to learn modification system, if you’ve used a different module before.
  • User-friendly interface makes for easy access.
  • Secure, theoretically impossible to exploit!
  • Tons of content for both the administrators and the players!
  • Compatibility with almost all rig types!
  • Frequent updates, it’s the whole package!
  • #VintageAdminSweep
  • OPEN SOURCED !

Special features:

Ban Console:

Shows all recent offenses, as well as when and who created them!
Made a mistake? Pardon the offense to remove it from their data!
image_2024-01-07_004827956

Party Menu (BETA):

Can’t find anyone fun to play with in your server? Create a party! Anyone from any server (public only) can request to join! From there you can bring them to your game, or take them to a private server, for a fun rp!
image_2024-01-07_005920595

Not convinced yet? Here’s a funny trailer I made!
Trailer

Even with over 90 different commands, we’re still a work in progress! Bugs are (not commonly) expected, and are usually fixed within the first week of discovery!

Vintage Admin has a sense of humor that comes along with it, we can get a bit reference-y with our commands such as Taunt!

Not only are there settings to ease the modification process, you can also edit the command properties, such as the bio, the power requirement, and abbreviations!

Closing this topic, please keep in mind that Vintage Admin is not perfect, and may not be for a long time, considering it is a 2 person project.
Didn’t notice the banner had the model? Get it here!

Vintage Admin Model

STILL not convinced? Try it out for yourself at my testing baseplate!

17 Likes

Looks insane, I’m 100% going to be adding this into my game.

1 Like

This is probaly one of the coolest admin systems I’ve ever seen, if not THE coolest Admin System I’ve ever seen. It’s also really customizable. You have done an absolutely amazing job, can’t believe this must have taken to do

3 Likes

Version 1.3.0

Update Log:

• OVERHAULED Settings module (MANUAL UPDATE REQUIRED)
    Completely restructured how the settings module is set up, and gave it a lot more customization!

Pros:
You can now control certain features in the module to diversify your usage (ex: toggle TopBarPlus, toggle PartyMenu, AntiCheat, etc)
You can now edit your GUI colors! (defaulted to orange)

Cons:
Older versions are no longer supported and will break upon runtime (1.2.1 and lower, user will be notified via console AND CoreGui notification that their settings module is outdated)

• Permanently brought back :Jolly command
  • Fixed TempBan command
2 Likes

How do we get the file? I didn’t see a link for system?

Never mind, I see the model. :sunglasses::ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

Version 1.3.1

Update Log:

• Old versions (1.2.1 and lower) can now support the new 1.3.0 settings update! (It is still heavily recommended that you update as this may not be supported later on)

That’s pretty much it lol

Yeah, so I was trying out the system because it intrigued me - so far I’ve been loving it. Two things to note, though:

Firstly, and not really super major, but definitely annoying:
image_2024-03-02_232402551

The topbar is covered by Roblox’s new TopUi, making it harder to click on it normally. Mostly annoying.

Secondly, when utilizing the BanConsole, it gets frozen and will not load anyone for any reason.

You remain stuck on this page almost indefinitely, which I presume to be the result of a faulty :WaitForChild() as indicated by an error in the console.

Figured you’d want to see this so you can fix the problem.

And finally, just a nitpick thing that doesn’t really matter all too much, I noticed you added a 3 second cooldown when searching up users on the Ban Console. I am curious as to why, though I figure it’s something to do with DataStore limits.

All in all, keep up the good work!

(I hope this isn’t “necro-posting” given the last post here was a month ago)

2 Likes

Hey there sorry for the late reply!
I haven’t updated the TopBarPlus to 3.0.0 yet, so that is probably why it doesn’t support the new roblox top bar!

I’m unsure as to why the ban console bugs like that, I’ll be sure to fix it in the next week!

The 3 second limit is because it usually takes a while (due to the administrator’s ping + the amount of time it takes for the profile api request to go through roblox’s website) to load. I added the cooldown so that you don’t accidentally get confused and spam the load button, because that could cause some issues!

(Edit: Don’t worry, I don’t mind your feedback regardless of how long it’s been)

1 Like

Errrr scratch about what I said earlier, because

Vintage Admin 1.3.3 is out!

In this version, there’s mainly bug fixes.

Reorganized the Remotes in ReplicatedStorage so that they aren’t… all over the place.
Patched the BanConsole bug so that it actually works now lol!

TopBarPlus’ in-testing v3 has been added to Vintage Admin as a temporary fix to the top bar issue.
As a result, your Display settings may not work until a future update, sorry!

1 Like

the model in first post says last updated feb 7th - is there a different link for the release you just made today? edit: nevermind I see the loader script it references is march 7th

1 Like

It’s all good!

And, just as a little suggestion/comment/whatever, what about a command for viewing the commands? I noticed when using the system I had to use the Topbar Functionality.

I’d also like to suggest enabling the “Modal” functionality for your Ui (specifically on TextButtons) so that people in first person or making forced shift lock games can use the ui as it unlocks their mouse.

Not the reason I was expecting at all, but makes sense. I could imagine that causing some issues lol

1 Like

Ah… hello, freeman.

UPDATE 6.9.0:28365 of SAIYAN WALK ADMIN!!! >:3c

Nah sike it’s still Vintage Admin, but I got you didn’t I? April Fools!

Nothing major has changed, but the gui has been troll-ified, and now has dumb gibberish to confuse you all!

This update will be reverted after a week.

Why Saiyan Walk Admin?
Well, that was the first name came up for it by the co owner, Log, because of a funny meme! It had became an inside joke ever since.

Okay haev foon now baiiii!!! :3