Vintage VHS Granite look

So I am making a game that has a Retro/VHS/Vintage with a granite effect added like these images

And the granite should look like this

I was able to get something from another post but thats not what im trying to achieve. I am using it but i just want it like more yk.

I did look at some posts on here but it was not what I was looking for.

How exactly would I do that?? Can someone like lead me into the right track.

1 Like

I was able to get this but its not very vintage enough like in the image with the cube

3 Likes

to make something like the cube image, the magic for this effect is probably a color separation effect combined with the bad quality of the video

a color separation like this:

if you pay attention to the borders of the cube in the image, there is a bit of green and red colors that doesn’t match the grey color of the cube

the thing is: i don’t think it’s possible to do this effect in roblox really

but for the browner vintage effect, you will need to mess with the contrast and colors of the map. vintage effects normally make the focus of the image (normally people, objects, etc) much darker than the background, so making map colors a bit lighter would make the effect more visible i think (principally the sky)

2 Likes

is there away to make everything like pixelated like little pixelated. to give it that retro kinda look. cuz i was looking at the free modeled ones for it and they kinda work but 1 is extreamly laggy and makes everything white and the other ones are also laggy but not what im looking for.

2 Likes

I think that’s because all the pixels are still aligned, it still looks to perfect. Not sure how you would do this tho

1 Like

i have tried to copy the vintage look you’re trying to make inside roblox using a free model tree

what i did is: i changed the color of the tree to make it darker, i have made the sky a lot lighter, and the background is both dark and light, with a lighter appeal

also i used color correction to remove saturation and add a lot of contrast (while also adding brightness to not make the image too dark)

also added blur because why not

the results:

original colors without effects:

here’s the effects for lightning i used (they’re not as important, because the magic here is changing the colors of the map, not as much as the lightning in the scene)
lightning.rbxm (1,9,KB)

1 Like

how do i import rbxm files cuz it wont let me open

1 Like

you open your file explorer while studio is open and drag the rbxm into the roblox studio explorer

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.