VIP Server links not working properly

Reproduction Steps
All you have to do is go to any experience that has VIP Servers enabled, go to the VIP Server menu for said experience, and copy/paste the link located in the “Private Server Link” vertical. Once pasted, click on the link for it to show a bad error page

Expected Behavior
If everything was working correctly, you should be redirected back to the experiences page and immediately start joining the VIP server.

Actual Behavior
What happens instead is upon clicking the link, you are redirected to a bad request page and you aren’t able to join your VIP server. The GIF link here shows exactly what happens https://gyazo.com/ae97466c8a6a26732a8c5a5f00c11ef8

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Any VIP Server link that includes https://www.roblox.com/games/**********?privateServerLinkCode=
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-10-14 19:10:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-10-14 00:10:00 (-05:00)

15 Likes

Try regenerating the link if not, disable allow joining and enable it again then regenerate again.

Unfortunately, that does not solve it, and it wasn’t just me having this issue.

1 Like

I have similar issue, it just suddenly stopped working today and haven’t resolved since then. Also even if you successfully joined a private server (via experience game page), you won’t be able to load the game in the private server.

2 Likes

Yeah, im facing this issue too. Tried regenerating the link and the issue still persists think we gotta wait for roblox on this one.

I’m facing the same issue aswell.

I’m having the same issue too.

Me and all my friends have the same issue. I hope this gets fixed really fast because now I can’t play VIP servers with my friends :confused:

Hey all!
Thanks for flagging this, we are working on a fix now.

5 Likes

This should be fixed now!
Thanks for flagging it everyone :smiley:

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.