Vip Server Reserve Code

What I am doing

I am creating multi-place game
with Spawn Lobby , Game Lobby 1 , Game Lobby 2
and I want to connect them together ( with Reserve Servers ) and I already created the system for that

The Problem
When the spawn lobby is a VIP server , the players from game lobby 1 Can’t go back to the spawn lobby because I don’t have the VIP access code

My Solutions

S1-everyone who joins the vip server teleport them to reserve server, So I can get the reserve server access code

The problem in solution: When there is no one in the ( vip server the server will shutdown and It will recreate a 2nd reserve server and people in same vip will be splitted in 2 reserve servers )

S2-Teleport the people in Game Lobby 1 back public Spawn Lobby servers

The problem in solution: people in same vip server will not go to the same public server

3 Likes

You could pass the PrivateServerOwnerId as TeleportData, then when it goes to teleport everyone back you could check this.

If it isn’t 0 add them to a table and create a ReservedServer for the Spawn Lobby, add everyone else with the same PrivateServerOwnerId to the same table. Finally, teleport them all to the same ReservedServer.

2 Likes

Great Idea, But It will split the players the spawn lobby for 2 servers
first half in the spawn lobby for the vip server and the 2nd half will be in reserve server

1 Like

At least what I know of, there’s no exact way to teleport to a VIP server - only ReservedServers.

An alternate method could be when they join the Spawn Lobby to check the PrivateServerOwnerId and have a database of PrivateServerIds, if there’s one for this specific PrivateServerOwnerId teleport to it else create one and add it to the database.

Then when they teleport to a Game Lobby carry this PrivateServerId as TeleportData, when they need to teleport back just teleport to that PrivateServerId.

1 Like