Virtual Cursor can rest on voicechat button unintentionally

Normally the virtual cursor will rest somewhere in the center of the screen when you’re not manually controlling. This is fine for gamepad users to easily select/target in a general context.

However, if the bounding box of the character just happens to be in an unusual enough shape that the voicechat button is automatically moved to the same spot as your virtual cursor, this can completely block you from using the trigger button as intended without an awkward workaround.

6 Likes

The voice chat overhead UI is genuinely one of the worst UX decisions that could possibly be made - especially for a game like roblox…

2 Likes

It was a temporary decision which is getting removed / moved with the release of Experience Controls

A temporary decision which has been present since nearly 2020

1 Like

:man_shrugging: Well I am not a decision maker for Roblox so. Just thought I’d mention it because I noticed that when you have the beta feature for Experience Controls enabled, the voice chat bubble disappears, which is a step in the right direction.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! Just to confirm, we have a ticket for this in our internal database.