Virus in one of Roblox's Models?

So I was looking around in the toolbox, I wanted a free model by roblox, just to be safe. You know how roblox free models are, some have viruses. Well. I came across this model by roblox: Dummy - Roblox and I was surprised at what I saw.image I won’t use this model for now. I just wanted to report this because it’s unusual… Could somebody take a look at this? Or is it not a virus?
Thanks!

2 Likes

You should never use free models on Roblox. They can easily contain backdoors.

1 Like

I don’t think this is a virus as it doesn’t do anything other than an instance(?).

If it were a virus, then it would have some weird script containing random letters and swear words contained inside the script, but maybe things like require or getfenv. A real virus model are models that contain very long scripts with the functions that I mentioned above.

Here is an example of an free model:

On the left is a model containing almost 2000+ code of the same while on the right is the model you’ve posted.

Old models back then are like this, no need to worry about getting backdoors and stuff.

6 Likes

You may be right about that, just the name, “4D Being” is a little weird. Just making sure.

This is just the 4D Humanoid Property. Telling by the model it is old. It’s not a virus, however it is an outdated humanoid configuration. I would recommend using the official dummy models in

Plugins < Build Rig < Choose What Type Of Dummy

That creates a more up to date version of the dummy and requires no free models. Safe, simple, convenient, and without leaving Roblox studio. It will stop confusions from being made.

I’ll try doing that now. But is the rig that spawns in unanchored and containing the animate script in a player’s character? Or do I have to implement that myself.

It does contain animate and stuff, however you can delete that easily. Also anchoring is simple. If your just using it to scale this is easier. If you want to make it the player’s avatar, this one will work if you just call it “StarterCharacter” and place it in Starter player or character (I forgot which one). The model you were using was outdated and wouldn’t work as well with new features.

Those square things are not always viruses also. They had meaning before the era of the exploit.

Also if your just scaling The animation/health scripts DO NOT MATTER AT ALL WHATSOEVER.

My character got infected by that virus!