Voice and Audio based Horror Game ‒ a quiet scream. [In Development]

a quite scream. is an up and coming audio based horror/survival/stealth game.
Currently being solo developed by AuriusBat located on the Rocketeer Software group.

Base Features:

• Player’s ability to hold their breath and to interact with their experience using their voice.
  • Monsters AI utilizing players voice chat in order to determine the players position to give a more realistic experience.
  • Smooth and responsive movement, this includes making the camera more responsive to the players actions.
  • Immersive environment and sounds (still work in progress at the moment due to it not being a main priority)

To do:

• Create the story/lore of the game due to the game being inspired by more story driven survival/horror games.
  • Create 3d models for the monsters/creatures the player will encounter during their experience.
  • Possibly implement more multiplayer-supportive features in order to make the game a multiplayer experience.

Other information:
The game will be paid access during open testing, price at release and release date undecided.

A little sneak peak:

• Lara Baker, the last survivor from Bunker 76 leaves after receiving a transmission that the government will be extracting all survivors at the top of the mountains.

The lore and story is still being worked on so real full development on maps and other resources will be held on pause until base mechanics and the story are near completion.

Progress:

This forum will be updated once there is more progress to show

9 Likes

Can we atleast have something to do for people who dont have Voice Chat? No offense, just asking if this could be possible.

3 Likes

I imagine this is inspired by Don’t Scream, pretty cool! I was waiting for someone on this platform to use voice chat as a mechanic, and now someone will. I wish you the best of luck in development. I can’t wait to see your progress through developing A Quiet Scream and eventually opening it for public testing.

3 Likes

I’m thinking that the multiplayer version will utilize voice chat while the actual story mode won’t use it.

2 Likes