Voice chat does not work

Hello, everyone. For the past few months, I’ve been experiencing an issue with Roblox voice chat. In short, my mic doesn’t work in any of the Roblox games. It’s loaded, but it doesn’t show the green bar when talking, and no one can hear me. I can’t change output and input devices either in settings. However, I’m able to hear others. I have tried numerous solutions from YouTube and from here. I’ve also tried playing from the desktop version of Roblox, but nothing worked. I have contacted Roblox about the issue three times, but they don’t really seem to mind it. So, I’m hoping that you guys will try to help me out.

Does your mic work in other apps?

Hello @KazChannn!

One thing to try would be to see if simply restarting your computer solves the issue. Sometimes this is all a system needs to refresh anything that might be giving it difficulty. However, if this does not work, please try going through the following solutions in-order below:

Check Connection Problems

For issues pertaining to connecting to Roblox please read through all the information in the General Connection Problems help article and try all of the suggested steps. Report any issues or error messages that you receive while going through the recommended solutions.

Reinstall Roblox

Some technical issues can be solved by reinstalling Roblox. For assistance with this, please visit the How Do I Reinstall The Roblox Software? help article for steps on how to reinstall our software from your PC or Mac.

Other Things to Try

If uninstalling and reinstalling did not help, please try the following:

• For PC: Please be sure to go through the steps on checking your firewall, see the information in the Firewall and Router Issues help article for assistance on allowing access to Roblox.
  • For Mac: If the issue still persists after reinstallation, please try the solutions in the Troubleshooting For Mac Users help article and reply to this message to let us know.

If your issue continues to persist after attempting these recommended solutions, please reply back noting what happened after each one. This information will be vital to us in helping to identify the problem.

Sincerely,
Benjámin

1 Like

ye works perfectly in other apps

Hello, none of the provided solutions have worked

Hello,

Thank you for coming back to me.

Please check this website and take a screenshot of it and share with me.

Very interesting, bc it should be work.

I’ll follow-up to your request in a day.

ye is really weird because this has been happening since june or july and mic perfectly works in other apps

I understand, @KazChannn! In order to provide you with the best possible assistance, please reply to this message with the answers to the below questions.

Please provide me with as much as details regarding the issue.

As you are using a PC
What version of Windows OS are you using? (Type “info” in the search box on your taskbar, and then select System Information)
What web browser are using (Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge, etc.)?

Questions About The Issue:
If the issue is in a specific experience or multiple ones?
When did this issue start occurring?
Is your game crashing?
Is your game locking/freezing up?
Are you getting any error messages? What exactly do they say?
Could you please provide us a screenshot/screen recording(YouTube video) of the issue?
If it involves a catalog item, could you please provide a link to it?
Tell us what is happening in as much detail as possible.

Also, I’ll need a little info about your internet connection’s download/upload speeds. This popular website can automatically gather this info for you.

Let me know what kind of results you are seeing. After running the test, you should see a “Share this” button. You can click this, copy the URL, and include it in your reply to this message so that I can directly read what the speed test website’s results were.

If you need help with something else, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Benjámin

i was met with the same reply from roblox support lol but its in every experience and if i click f12 the game automatically closes in 10 seconds

Weird, do you have another mic you could use to simply test if it works with it?

nah i only got 1 mic unfortunately

1 Like

Hello @KazChannn!

I am back again. You still have an issue with your voice chat?

i still do, but i found a small solution. i basically went in roblox app, and clicked log out of all the devices, and then i turned my vc off in settings. i then re opened the app and enabled the vc and it worked. however when i rejoined the game the issue came back

1 Like