Voice chat moderation : Moderation reason needs to be given when banned from voice chat

banReason 0 means not banned btw

Not necessarily, a different boolean value is provided which determines if a user is banned or not.

im not banned it says and i have banReason 0

Voice Chat really does seem, to me, to be a strange perplexing feature for the ROBLOX environment.
Even though people have wanted something like Voice Chat, but because of Roblox’s Moderation practices there’s an incentive to stay away from it rather than use it.

People, out of habit, just say stuff off-the-cuff, entirely different from actually typing something out. Because of Roblox’s moderation you have to super vigilant of whatever unconscious utterances you make.

3 Likes

Is this still a big issue? I won’t be using voice chat in popular games until this is fixed.

3 Likes

Yes, this still seems to be a big issue.

I think they are trying to improve the moderation, however. Today I got my first VC suspension (reason 6) even though I was not saying anything that would break guidelines (in context to the game I was in).

About 5 minutes into the suspension, however, it managed to get lifted. I’m not entirely sure why, but it seems they are making strides to fix VC moderation, or I was just a lucky case.

3 Likes

Auto-moderation for assets is dumb/annoying, I was on a business account scrolling through toolbox models and i put in a model that had inappropriate models inside and it instantly got the whole account perm banned. It was a 10 year old account and everytime I emailed Roblox they said we cant do anything which is unfortunate.
(I know this isn’t the place to discuss this but that message peaked my interest in asset auto moderation)

Also I would like to add to this that yes, moderation does need to have reasons for bans and the exact quote on some of them on what may have been perceived else players may just say it again without knowing what exactly they said was wrong.

3 Likes

i was doing games for the hunt and then i got banned while being afk. my mic was muted both irl and in roblox, yet i got banned. i really hope they can rework bans for voice chat because i have gotten banned for stupid reasons several times within these past few months

for a follow up, my account was appealed. i have no clue why i got banned in the first place but at least it was appealed 20 hours later :smiley:

3 Likes

I got banned for an unfair reason (harassment) after reporting a user for being underage, tried to appeal, and got this incredibly long and stupid captcha, at this point, there’s an admin targeting me or something because in no way did I deserve the ban here.

EDIT: after solving it I got “ERROR, SOMETHING WENT WRONG, PLEASE TRY AGAIN” and a harder captcha TWICE

got one wrong and had to redo all of them with the number increased

edit 2: I CANT APPEAL IT AT ALL I KEEP GETTING THE ERROR

edit 3:

I ended up manually emailing Roblox and telling them that I essentially got an unappealable ban for something that I did not do, but I didn’t even get a response.

6 Likes

that is insane. i wish roblox would improve their support handling

3 Likes

This is insane. My microphone was muted in-game (or at least it said it was muted) and I was talking over Discord. I cussed IN A DISCORD CALL while team-testing and got warned. Am I going to have to start blocking Roblox and Roblox Studio’s access to my mic out of fear that it’ll pick up something I’m saying in a completely different context?

10 Likes

I actually had my VC Suspended only once. Because I didn’t want for any offenses to pile up on me I appealled it. I have no clue what I have done to get Suspended as I don’t swear or use strong language to others. Seeing this was may of last year, it is surprising to see that this feature has not been included yet.

1 Like

Man how do you get your VC suspended in ROBLOX STUDIO. Even with the microphone muted they still shouldn’t be able to use that against you.

3 Likes

I got the same suspension for 1 day and i just talked with my friends and nothing inappropriate, but some mad players reported me and i got the suspension, it’s terrible system

4 Likes

I support this feature request!

I recently got my Roblox account banned for 1 day while interacting with other users in-game. While people may say it sounds like a problem that you were responsible for, it wasn’t. It wasn’t the case at all… I was simply interacting family-friendly and got kicked out of the blue after reporting a player who was indeed breaking the Roblox Community Standards. Now, I am facing Roblox Customer Support to sort this problem up. They didn’t give me anything other than stating that I was being a bad influence and saying discriminatory things.

7 Likes

I vouch for this, roblox vc keeps silencing my friends even though their conversations are PG imo.

2 Likes

PLEASE make this a feature… I keep getting banned for no apparent reason. I want to know whats causing me to get banned…

5 Likes

Agreed. When you say damn and crap on vc now you get banned from it without it showing a pop up.

2 Likes

I keep getting warnings for no reason, that would be amazing.

2 Likes

What’s even more annoying is that I keep seeing prompts on the homepage to enable voice chat and I’m just like, “why? Just so it’s easier to get a ban for no reason?”

3 Likes