Voice Chat randomly breaks on a server level

Voice Chat will randomly completely break in entire servers meaning every user within that server will have an unfunctional voice chat (including future users that later join the server). This has been happening in both versions of our game, one of which that hasn’t been updated since December. We aren’t aware of any code that can cause this issue. This has been happening for at least a few weeks.

Links:

4 Likes

Thanks for the report. We’ll take a look. If you have any additional information, that’d help us debug the issue.

4 Likes

I don’t have much info but from what I understand this only occurs in older servers. New servers always have functional voice chat.

3 Likes

How did you get alerted to this issue, on discord?

1 Like

Yeah, on Discord. I checked the game’s server later and saw that nobody had functional voice chat.

1 Like

We found two issues that might have caused your problems. Both are fixed now, but please let us know if you see anything else wrong.

3 Likes

Okay now fix mine because its happening to more games

1 Like

Which games are you seeing this on?

1 Like

Its already fixxed itself. Voice chat doesn’t update to servers quicky meaning it could appear a day after u set a server to under 50 players, but the vc was also working in a 100 server before so im not sure what type of issue this is but fix it

Just started happening in most games I play. For some reason the entire server VC would break (for example, if it broke for me, I couldn’t hear anyone while my vc was working.) and other times, the vc wouldn’t even connect. It’s not my issue either as it was fine before, but it’s just really broken now. I wish there was a button to reconnect everyones VC on my client side, so I can fix the problem where I cannot hear anyone.

1 Like

Sorry, I only just noticed your reply. If this is still happening, please post a new bug so we can keep track of it. Replies to old/closed bugs tend to get lost.

1 Like

Hey there! Recently, my voice chat has completely disappeared from in game and on the website. Could I get this looked at please?

1 Like

Please report this as a separate bug.

1 Like