Voice Chat Randomly Stopped Working

Another detail that may or may not be useful: I’ve tried muting and unmuting someone’s mic in the player list (esc menu) to try to fix not being able to hear their mic specifically but was unable to. It shows that their mic icon is gray in the playlist but clicking the button to mute them seems to have no function.

3 Likes

@gigagiele This issue and all players with the Spatial Voice (or Voice Chat) appeared once again. Independent of what you try to do in other to “fix it”, it keeps loading almost infinitely until it shows another sign of its status:

5 Likes

Me and a friend have been experiencing this issue as well, can you help us? @perunrx

2 Likes

Been experiencing this for quite a while now, no idea what could be causing this.

2 Likes

I’ve been completely unable to use VC at all due to this. Tried messing around with some virtual audio cables and now the VC exclusive CoreGui context doesn’t even show up. :​/

2 Likes

Sorry to potentially necrobump, But I’ve been having this issue for over a month with no solution. Re-verified age, disabled and re-enabled voice chat, changed DNS settings, flushed DNS cache, reinstalled roblox.
Happens on both mobile and PC.

4 Likes

Do you have good wifi? I not sure but it might have to do with wifi. I still haven’t found a work around tho.

2 Likes

As I’m unable to make a new bug report regarding this issue, I’m forced to necrobump this thread in the hopes I can get a resolution.

I’ve already reinstalled ROBLOX from another issue stemming from the recent anticheat update, disabled/enabled my voice chat to see if it would ‘refresh’, and can confirm my input and output devices are working, so none of these are the case here. I’m unsure if the recent issues regarding avatars may have caused this or if this is a separate issue entirely.

EDIT: Disregard, completely removing ROBLOX from regedit and appdata solved this issue. Completely unnecessary to perform, however.

3 Likes

Literally wired into my router with an Ethernet cord. Ended up resetting my PC.

3 Likes

Fresh install of Roblox or operating system seems to fix it.

1 Like

Bump - this begun for me about 2-3 days ago. I’ve reinstalled Roblox, restarted my machine, deleted Roblox from the registry and appdata but didn’t get any different results.

1 Like

Same here. After further investigation I found out that it is connected to your IP address. Using a VPN might fix this problem for you temporarily, but for the long run roblox gotta fix this ASAP.

1 Like

Been having this issue for literal months now, with no success in fixing it.
Roblox support is also not being helpful, they keep redirecting me to the voice chat help article without actually investigating the issue.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to use Voice a chat for a long time due to roblox moderation issues When I look into my privacy my voice chat was removed Idk why My ID is still verified And I got Face came thing I don’t remember.