Voice Chat Randomly Stopped Working

Reproduction Steps

I’m not sure of exact reproduction steps, but it’s happening to me in every place with VC enabled after it was working fine a few days ago.

My System Information:

CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-13900K
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080
RAM: 32GB

Expected Behavior

I expect to be able to hear and talk with people in a Voice-Chat enabled game without having my microphone completely greyed out, I’ve been told I’m not the only person with this issue either.

Actual Behavior

When I join any voice-chat enabled game, I have no option to mute anyone individually and I cannot hear anyone who is actively using Voice Chat nor can anyone hear me.

I’ve tried restarting my router, reinstalling Roblox and enabling and disabling voice-chat in privacy settings, none of these issues helped at all. I’ve also tried on a different account and had the exact same problem even after enabling voice chat for the first time on there.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-03-02 10:03:00 (+00:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-03-06 00:03:00 (+00:00)

31 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t use Voice Chat, but did you tried to map your speaker and microphone in Roblox?

4 Likes

Mic and Speaker are the exact same as they were last week when it worked, and they work elsewhere on other programs.

4 Likes

Does it do the same in other voice chat applications?

4 Likes

Nope it only doesn’t work on Roblox, it works everywhere else.

2 Likes

Did you manually mapped the other applications? If yes, then its problem in system settings.

2 Likes

I’ve been having the same exact issue. I’ve been emailing technical support about it (still trying to determine the problem).

9 Likes

It’s not a problem in system settings, I’ve tried everything. The fact I can’t even mute in-game players should be enough to tell you it’s not a system problem.

All the normal VC functions are disabled inside the Roblox Player, I’ve not been moderated for any VC related incidents either and it worked a week ago.

10 Likes

I’ve had the same issue, I’ve tried so many things…

7 Likes

My voice chat issue is now resolved thanks to some very good work from @perunrx - who I thank greatly for their help.

5 Likes

Please specify the steps for this… It’s still broken for me and I have all the same issues as specified in the original post.

5 Likes

It ended up being a faulty server in my region, I’m not sure there’s an actual way for the user to fix it without reaching out to someone on here.

4 Likes

If this is the case, a support forum of some sorts should be opened. I’ll try to find someone, but this will be tough. :pleading_face:

7 Likes

Well that’s a bit yikes. The technical support team have not been very helpful with the emails. It seems every email is a bot email giving me the next stage of steps.

3 Likes

After a couple of days, this issue has started up again, frustratingly.

It seems to be quite widespread, I hope they can fix it soon.

6 Likes

This may be unrelated but I’ve been getting rare bug reports in my game as well stating that some users are not able to hear them when they talk.

8 Likes

Why are the admins so silent? :pensive: This is a huge bug that disables a key part of communication and gameplay, and it’s been 6 days without a reply… If an admin is viewing, please update us on the situation…

5 Likes

Yeah, this happens way too frequently. It’s a problem with Roblox not you.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

8 Likes

My Voice Chat seems to be working! Super excited to see I have the ability back. :grin:

3 Likes