Volume setting does not save

Recently I’ve been playing roblox and noticed that it doesn’t save the volume settings I’ve set before.
Thus, it hurts my ears and causes discomfort. I usually set my roblox volume to 1-2/10 and set it to 50 at windows settings.

If I keep the volume at 10/10, I can hear them at the kitchen, which is 2 rooms away from my room.
I’m using Razer Kraken headphones that are known for their loudness, but I usually keep their volume at the middle, the same audio volume for any other headphones.
I can’t wait for this feature to be added, but as for now I tend to get annoyed by the loudness of the sounds I’m getting. Sometimes I even put the headphones on my shoulders to lower the settings.

Here is my private log file.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/volume-setting-does-not-save/646945

Roblox is installed in %localappdata%/Roblox

7 Likes

I reviewed the log file while this was in PA and found that the user profile name consists entirely of unusual characters, and that this path gets misprinted elsewhere halfway through the file. This is probably the issue.

notepad_2020-06-27_12-42-48

notepad_2020-06-27_12-43-51

4 Likes

So, you’re saying that Roblox started to support different languages: Japanese, Spanish, Russian, yet it can’t read the Russian username properly? Bruh.
Edit: nonetheless, I changed my user profile name to EhhDmitry and it still doesn’t work.

This is kind of urgent, since it could harm people’s ears.

Turns out that the problem mentioned by PeZsmistic was correct and I changed my profile folder name to remove the special characters and it fixed. Though it’s not as easy as just renaming the folder so I recommend Google searching it before making changes.

This is also an issue if your Roblox client crashes at all. It resets all settings. Furthermore, when Roblox updates, it resets the volume in volume mixer to 100, which sometimes kills my ears (also using a Razer Kraken)

1 Like

Hello there, I’m still experiencing this issue. Can we get an update of some sort on this bug? It’s still consistently happening and has been bugging me with each update.

They didn’t fix it. At least for me it still works. Or should I say it doesn’t? Anyways, it doesn’t save

I thought this was normal? Whenever I change it, it takes one or two times to save. It’s been like this for years. Since I joined Roblox.

Yea, since I registered in 2013, none of my computers had the volume saved whenever I set it to my preferred level and rejoined.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

1 Like

This bug (or lack of the feature itself) is still occuring. It was yet not fixed.

In windows 7/10, changing the username does not change the home path.
You need to create a new account.

Alright. When i get more info from the engineers i will pass it on.

1 Like

It doesn’t work either with the old account or the new one. I tried it before.

I’m also experiencing this, it’s really annoying as it means I can’t test my games properly as sound is a key factor in them, and it resets so that I cannot hear sound in Studio either.

Can we get more transparency and progress on this?
I honestly can’t stand setting my volume down everytime I play roblox. It’s by far the loudest app I use daily.