Voxel lighting causing an illumination bleeding issue

I’m trying to make a light (designed to resemble a skylight) fully illuminate a room (from here referred to as the intended room), so as to make the entire room’s detail visible without the need of other lights inside, but also keep the light from bleeding through the wall into adjacent rooms. I’m using Voxel Lighting on the current ROBLOX Studio build.

Intended room

Unintended room

SurfaceLight info and exterior appearance

The only light with a surfacelight built in is the one marked with the red “X”.

Place lighting settings

I’ve tried changing the range, brightness, and other values of the surfacelight, but I can’t seem to find a balance between illuminating the intended room, and mitigating the light from bleeding into the unintended room.

Is there a solution to this issue besides a middle ground that causes issues with the appearance of both rooms? I’ve had problems like this before but have never found a different solution. A similar issue happens with Legacy lighting.

This is my first forum post, apologies if I made any mistakes.

1 Like

So far I don’t think there’s a solution. It’s just the ROBLOX engine. Right now the lighting ROBLOX has isn’t very good. Hopefully a update will come, but so far no, there’s not. But you could try making thicker walls.

6 Likes

If you are dead-set on the light being where it is, I think thicker walls is your only option to stop that from happening. Or you could add small hallways leading into rooms where the issue is happening. In my experience, thickening the walls, or physically moving the light/room away is the only current fix.

1 Like